Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!
What great timing. I leased a 2014 Veloster Turbo a 4 years ago. I loved it to bits and pieces! I then had to transfer to a more rural area last year. The low pro tires, low ride height and other aspects made it a very rough vehicle to own on the bad roads here.

When I was ending lease I wanted a Veloster Turbo with real tires, that was higher off the ground, and a little more headroom in the back.

What do you know, they just launched the Kona which was everything I loved about my Veloster and had all of the stuff I didn't like about the veloster! Perfect.

I ended up purchasing the Chalk White Kona Ultimate (never doing leases again), and love it!! The sales people don't know much about it, but I have been exploring it and researching what I could. Holy cow hitting the drive mode button (sport mode) is a freakin blast!! Sound system is much better, heads up display is a joy as there are roads with speed limits that are hard to find, and on and on.

Looking under the hood: The engine is smaller and kind of pathetic looking, the turbo is not obvious, and there is not a whole lot of room to work with. I will spend more time under the hood this weekend.

Storage space is better than the Veloster, the back window of the Veloster was kind of a pain in the butt and limited that car a lot.

So far the only real disappointment is that aftermarket parts are not really available yet. :wink:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats on your new Ultimate, and welcome to the forum! I hope you'll give us your impressions of the Kona in the months ahead. I plan on getting my SEL next week...can't wait!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Kona! There could very well be more aftermarket mods heading to this platform, as it looks like Hyundai has interest in offering a performance trim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts