Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!
What great timing. I leased a 2014 Veloster Turbo a 4 years ago. I loved it to bits and pieces! I then had to transfer to a more rural area last year. The low pro tires, low ride height and other aspects made it a very rough vehicle to own on the bad roads here.

When I was ending lease I wanted a Veloster Turbo with real tires, that was higher off the ground, and a little more headroom in the back.

What do you know, they just launched the Kona which was everything I loved about my Veloster and had all of the stuff I didn't like about the veloster! Perfect.

I ended up purchasing the Chalk White Kona Ultimate (never doing leases again), and love it!! The sales people don't know much about it, but I have been exploring it and researching what I could. Holy cow hitting the drive mode button (sport mode) is a freakin blast!! Sound system is much better, heads up display is a joy as there are roads with speed limits that are hard to find, and on and on.

Looking under the hood: The engine is smaller and kind of pathetic looking, the turbo is not obvious, and there is not a whole lot of room to work with. I will spend more time under the hood this weekend.

Storage space is better than the Veloster, the back window of the Veloster was kind of a pain in the butt and limited that car a lot.

So far the only real disappointment is that aftermarket parts are not really available yet. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.