Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I picked up a 2018 Hyundai Kona SEL FWD Ultra Black last night at our local dealership in Urbana, IL. Coming from a 2007 Jeep Liberty it's a bit lower and smaller, but we really like it. I wanted a red one but they didn't have any and it would have cost more to bring one in. However, the black color is already growing on me. The 7" screen is awesome as none of my other vehicles have ever had one of them. CarPlay is great but I didn't realize there were so few apps supported. (dang it Apple, bring us Waze!) Also excited about the blind spot lights/sensor on the mirrors. It seems to be a quiet ride and I can't wait to take it for a mini road trip in the near future!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats on the new Kona! It's a bit compact and low, but that means you don't have to worry about rolling over if a turn is taken a bit faster than expected. And there's a lot of storage space with the rear seats down.
It definitely does look very nice in lighter colors, but it's a Kona, can't really go wrong no matter what you pick.

Any plans for your new car? Tint, visors, etc

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats on the Kona and welcome to the forum! What prompted the switch over from Jeep? I'm sure you'll find the standard features to be well improved over a car from 2007 aha. You could always consider adding some red accents to the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the Kona and welcome to the forum! What prompted the switch over from Jeep? I'm sure you'll find the standard features to be well improved over a car from 2007 aha. You could always consider adding some red accents to the car.
I took the Jeep into the mechanic late last year and there were a lot of things going wrong with it. They wanted like $3,200 and that didn't include any issues that the onboard computer was spitting out. Rather than dump a bunch of money into a 2007 Jeep Liberty with almost 100,000 miles, I figured I would trade it in while it still had trade-in value! The Kona has a smaller gas tank than the Jeep yet it gets more MPG so that's a big plus!

Congrats on the new Kona! It's a bit compact and low, but that means you don't have to worry about rolling over if a turn is taken a bit faster than expected. And there's a lot of storage space with the rear seats down.
It definitely does look very nice in lighter colors, but it's a Kona, can't really go wrong no matter what you pick.
Any plans for your new car? Tint, visors, etc
Yeah we went to the grocery store last weekend and got all the groceries in with the seats folded down so that made us happy. The only thing I really ever do with my car is add ham radio stuff to it. I'm finding that the Kona has a lot less places to mount things than the Jeep. Hopefully I can get it all figured out cause I really enjoy the car so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts