Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This model only has LED DRL but not the headlights and thinking to replace with LED headlights.

Just wondering if anyone has done this? How easy is it and which LED light to get ? Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This model only has LED DRL but not the headlights and thinking to replace with LED headlights.

Just wondering if anyone has done this? How easy is it and which LED light to get ? Thanks.
Hi unclebob88. I've used these. Very happy with them. Contrary to the instructions the wire will be upward and there is room above to stuff the wires in.

Fan is very quiet. Price is high but you get what you pay for.

Extreme PLUS G3 with CAN-BUS. Professional Grade

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
24 Posts
Forgot to say there is a YouTube showing how to change the bulb. You have to undo a little hatch in the front mudguard liner. Also turn the wheel to one extreme or the other to give you room. Better still if you have the room and equipment jack the car and take the wheels off. There is a round hatch which seals the headlight unit. Unscrew it to access the bulb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot to say there is a YouTube showing how to change the bulb. You have to undo a little hatch in the front mudguard liner. Also turn the wheel to one extreme or the other to give you room. Better still if you have the room and equipment jack the car and take the wheels off. There is a round hatch which seals the headlight unit. Unscrew it to access the bulb.
Thanks @deij

Is this the one ?

Is this bulb for both low/high beam ? and the video mentions error code , does the light affect the system error codes ? Thanks in advance.

Still have to install dashcam.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks @deij

Is this the one ?

Is this bulb for both low/high beam ? and the video mentions error code , does the light affect the system error codes ? Thanks in advance.

Still have to install dashcam.
Yep. That's the one. The car is an ICE model but the light is basically the same. Some cheap LEDs are not fully Canbus compatible and will cause flicker or error codes. The ones I've recommended are Canbus compatible. There are others too and none of them el cheapos.

The one bulb is both high and low beam. The Kona uses a sheild in the headlight unit to create low beam and lifts it to allow high beam. It is pretty good for standard high beam.

As a rural driver in a densely roo'd area I need more light and am in the process of fitting driving lights. I'll probably sacrifice a few kms of range. Finding where to attach the trigger wire to the relay is a challenge. There is no headlight relay deliniated in either fuse box. I'm going to have to find and cut in to the high beam trigger wire on the plug to the headlight units.

Hope I don't trigger an error code!:)
Luck with the dash cam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep. That's the one. The car is an ICE model but the light is basically the same. Some cheap LEDs are not fully Canbus compatible and will cause flicker or error codes. The ones I've recommended are Canbus compatible. There are others too and none of them el cheapos.

The one bulb is both high and low beam. The Kona uses a sheild in the headlight unit to create low beam and lifts it to allow high beam. It is pretty good for standard high beam.

As a rural driver in a densely roo'd area I need more light and am in the process of fitting driving lights. I'll probably sacrifice a few kms of range. Finding where to attach the trigger wire to the relay is a challenge. There is no headlight relay deliniated in either fuse box. I'm going to have to find and cut in to the high beam trigger wire on the plug to the headlight units.

Hope I don't trigger an error code!:)
Luck with the dash cam
Thanks @feij Just confirm this is the right one before I order?

Good luck with more driving lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts