Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, we are brand new to the forum, in our seventies, living in Ontario Canada with a new 2022 kona essential 2L engine, picked it up Dec 17, not even a month old yet. We were so happy and excited about getting this very nice roomy peppy slightly smaller AWD SUV . So where do i start, the first week everything seemed very nice and smooth . Well after a few days when we were out and about it decided to take on this weird situation happening. So make note the 2022 kona has the Auto stop/start feature incorporated or known as the ISG (idle stop and go) system . I am aware of this system i had a ford escape with it and never have any kinda of a hickup at all with it.
We were stopped at a light and the engine stopped, as its suppose to, when light turn we let off brake but car stalled completely shut off had to put in neutral and restart engine to go, thought this strange but thought it might have been a quirk. this is happening quite regularly no rhime or reason to it, very frustrating. We started to hit the button to turn that system off, and thought this would override the stopping, but it has happened several times with this feature turned off, which i dont believe is suppose to happen. So has anyone experienced this situation ??

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
825 Posts
Hi all, we are brand new to the forum, in our seventies, living in Ontario Canada with a new 2022 kona essential 2L engine, picked it up Dec 17, not even a month old yet. We were so happy and excited about getting this very nice roomy peppy slightly smaller AWD SUV . So where do i start, the first week everything seemed very nice and smooth . Well after a few days when we were out and about it decided to take on this weird situation happening. So make note the 2022 kona has the Auto stop/start feature incorporated or known as the ISG (idle stop and go) system . I am aware of this system i had a ford escape with it and never have any kinda of a hickup at all with it.
We were stopped at a light and the engine stopped, as its suppose to, when light turn we let off brake but car stalled completely shut off had to put in neutral and restart engine to go, thought this strange but thought it might have been a quirk. this is happening quite regularly no rhime or reason to it, very frustrating. We started to hit the button to turn that system off, and thought this would override the stopping, but it has happened several times with this feature turned off, which i dont believe is suppose to happen. So has anyone experienced this situation ??

Welcome. It sounds like a computer issue, with any problems with something so new, i would suggest contacting your dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts