Hyundai Kona Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
476 Posts
Yellow or amber is not better for fog. Actually less bright.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yellow or amber is not better for fog. Actually less bright.

I used to believe that yellow due to the wavelength penetrates dense fog better. I guess that was the old school of thought because recent Google-fu is showing me the jury's out regarding colors and it's all about placement, mounting location and angles. I'll still stick with the yellow just because that's what I'm used to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I will have my lower fog lamps upgraded by an equivalent lumen output and size with LED's.
VLED's sell great stuff, bulbs are all canbus protected, and are specific built for headlamps, fog lamps, break lamps ect..

·
Registered
4 Posts
One of my OCD things is that the LED running lights are phenomenal but the fog lights and regular headlights do not match the color of the DRL so I just purchased some LED fog lights 6000k which they said should match the DRL on the vehicle ! Uniform color on the front is key to me. Hear is what I purchased and I will report back after installation of these this week with some before and after pics !
I bought these and it set off the canbus in my 2020 kona trend

·
Registered
4 Posts
One of my OCD things is that the LED running lights are phenomenal but the fog lights and regular headlights do not match the color of the DRL so I just purchased some LED fog lights 6000k which they said should match the DRL on the vehicle ! Uniform color on the front is key to me. Hear is what I purchased and I will report back after installation of these this week with some before and after pics !
Tried these ones on my 2020 Trend.. sent them back because it sets of the Canbus error. I am going to try. RCP H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight CREE Bulbs Conversion Kits with Canbus, 70W 7200Lm 6000K White, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

·
Registered
HYUNDAI KONA ELITE 2018
32 Posts
Thanks buddy. I have gone through the link. But they r saying that he was getting an error on the dashboard. I have searched in the community and could not find any good LED for fog lights without dashboard error. Are you aware of anything ? thanks again.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you have can-bus you'll get the bulb out warning light.
You need a 50watt 6ohm resistor for each bulb.

Here's a plug and play that will solve the warning.
It goes between the bulb and oem wiring harness.

PLEASE secure the resistor so that it does not touch anything that will melt/ catch on fire...it gets VERY hot.

·
Registered
HYUNDAI KONA ELITE 2018
32 Posts
Good evening everyone ...

Regarding the fog light bulbs , I too had that error message come up on my dashboard also with the master light on ! As I read about the can - bus system I thought it was only on European cars , I went through three fog light bulb manufacturers and then a canbus harness for the bulbs and nothing fix the error message and I was about to give up until I found this company. Thank goodness I purchase everything through Amazon and I'm a Prime member that gives you free shipping back to the company

I just installed them tonight and there were NO
error messages and the bulbs are Cob LEDs which are amazing and they put out 6000k light to match the running LEDs ! The company is DDM TUNING .

Hi,

Can anyone please send me the link to buy this fog LED for kona. I could not find it in H8 but h3. Appreciate it if you can please share the link. thanks

·
Registered
HYUNDAI KONA ELITE 2018
32 Posts
If you have can-bus you'll get the bulb out warning light.
You need a 50watt 6ohm resistor for each bulb.

Here's a plug and play that will solve the warning.
It goes between the bulb and oem wiring harness.

PLEASE secure the resistor so that it does not touch anything that will melt/ catch on fire...it gets VERY hot.

Thanks mate, but I am looking for an LED with the inbuilt canbus in it. I dont want to buy an external canbus resistor to the fog lights.

·
Registered
HYUNDAI KONA ELITE 2018
32 Posts
Good evening everyone ...

Regarding the fog light bulbs , I too had that error message come up on my dashboard also with the master light on ! As I read about the can - bus system I thought it was only on European cars , I went through three fog light bulb manufacturers and then a canbus harness for the bulbs and nothing fix the error message and I was about to give up until I found this company. Thank goodness I purchase everything through Amazon and I'm a Prime member that gives you free shipping back to the company

I just installed them tonight and there were NO
error messages and the bulbs are Cob LEDs which are amazing and they put out 6000k light to match the running LEDs ! The company is DDM TUNING .
I could not find this LED in amazon. Can anyone please share the right link if you have installed fog led on kona ?

Thanks

·
Registered
HYUNDAI KONA ELITE 2018
32 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone suggest any good fog led lights to replace on HYUNDAI KONA.

Thank You

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone suggest any good fog led lights to replace on HYUNDAI KONA.

Thank You
Looks like manufactures are moving away from cooling fans which is what fools the can bus.
Take a look at these, they have a fan which will keep your canbus happy.

Try to avoid the high lumen output bulbs, (10000) is going to be very bright these are 1900.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts