Hyundai Kona Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been trying to find the link to these (through Amazon.ca) and keep coming back to the "raptor" not "lynx"
The price is, well, not cheap - that's for sure. $175 Cdn! for the linx through a different link.
The raptor model is $98 Cdn with what seems to be the same specs.

RC51, I really appreciate all the efforts you went through to find a bulb that works so well & fits. I can't open the thumbnail image from you original product post?!

By the way, RC51? I ride an '04 VFR (115,000 kms) & love it! Sorry, back to the bulbs.

I'm gonna have to try and reach DDM and see if the raptor model will fit, and what (if any) the difference is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
DDM Tuning Lynx 35W LED Headlights / Foglight Bulbs,5500 Lumens/Pr, COB Chip, 6000K,Pair, 2 Months Warranty--FBA (H7).

These are what I bought. I thought they might work for the headlights, but RC51 let me know they wont fit.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Contacted DDM and found out, the Raptor is just a newer line of the Lynx.
Ordered direct from them, along with the Can-bus and a bag of festunes for the internal.
Should be here this week or next.

Yoinkerman, wish I would have found that link - The DDM's are costing me $98(USD) for the pkg.
Oh well, live & learn.
Got any pics of your install?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Were you able to replace both the headlights and fog lights with LEDs? If so can you provide the link? Thanks.
This is the Limited/Ultimate trim , they have LED low and highs, only replaced the fogs with LumaWerx.

As JR stated refer to other posts for your model if not the Limited/Ultimate

·
Registered
51 Posts
Received my DDM Tuning Raptors yesterday. Install was really easy.
Just had to make sure the can-bus goes in exactly the right way. Had to reverse on one that didn't work first time.

Really happy with the results. I may have to go after the low beam bulb eventually, but first I'll test out some night driving.
Too bad I can't load an MP4 video file. Showed them coming on/ turning off.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Received my DDM Tuning Raptors yesterday. Install was really easy.
Just had to make sure the can-bus goes in exactly the right way. Had to reverse on one that didn't work first time.

Really happy with the results. I may have to go after the low beam bulb eventually, but first I'll test out some night driving.
Too bad I can't load an MP4 video file. Showed them coming on/ turning off.
I love my DDM also .... Great Output of light

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a pair of 35w LEDs being delivered tomorrow for the fog lights in my 2019 Limited, so they will match the DRLs and headlights.
This vehicle uses CANBUS, so hopefully these will do the trick, as the wattage is exactly the same as the stock halogen.

Titan812, I see that the bulbs you listed are 55w each.

I'm guessing that higher wattage bulbs doesn't trigger the CANBUS dash warning? Does anyone know if that's the case?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just received and installed my new fog lights and NO ERRORS!

Ensured they were 35w LED and avoided the CANBUS errors on the dash. No resistors or decoders needed.
The bulbs I bought were the WinPower TurboLED if anyone else is looking to do the same.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L91AUAS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once this rain lets up, I'll get my ride cleaned up and post some pics. Right now it's so covered with water spots it's almost embarrassing!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Excellent! Thanks Titan!

Had my brand new Kona at the dealer yesterday to get the horn replaced. Brand new freakin' vehicle, less than 300 miles on it when I drove off the lot....and the horn didn't work! Whatever happened to the pre-delivery inspection they were supposed to do?

Anyway, while they were putting in the new horn, I asked the service writers, and a couple of the techs, if anyone knows anything about CANBUS and the different requirements/limitations. Specifically, wondered if installing higher wattage LED bulbs than the stock halogen helped avoid the dash errors. Nobody there knew a thing, and really couldn't answer my questions. It seems that we on this forum probably know more than they do about it! Pretty sad when we're trusting them to know and understand our vehicles when we need work, and they can't answer questions like that.

So, if anyone out there has good CANBUS knowledge, by all means share it with us! It's been a thorn in my side for the last two vehicles I've purchased, and I'd like to finally get some concrete info on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
From what little I know about a motorcycle I had, a BMW, with canbus on it. The system senses the power draw on the circuits, like if you had 55w bulbs, and installed 20w LED's, you will get a error. The system is only seeing a 40 watt load VS 110 wats, a bulb is burnt out--so to speak. When you put resistors inline with you lights, you add to the current draw to fool the system, so in effect, you aren't lowering the draw on the alternator. You may as well get higher powered LED bulbs to start with. (plus they are MUCH brighter)

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
241 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm surprised more people aren't using 2500K-3000K for fog lights. Yellow is the most effective at cutting through fog (though I guess not the most aesthetically pleasing). I goofed and didn't check the forum before I ordered H8 LEDs and though they looked great, it threw a CAN BUS error. I returned them to Amazon and reordered regular halogens. I've always had good experiences with Osram/Sylvania so I went with these. A little on the pricier end but I ran similar ones in my Evo with great results.

Edit: As people have stated previously, the fogs are real easy to do. All u need is a flat head and a 10mm socket. There are 6-8 plastic body tabs under the front bumper and 4 10mm bolts to undo. Don't take off the entire undercarriage garnish, just loosen it enough that you can pull it down and the fog light harness is right there.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts