Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ordered the led foglights and leds for the interior + licence plate.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thx very much. Wonder why they didn't go with LED for the turn bulbs?? Seems the only exception on the higher trim.

·
Registered
244 Posts
To get to the rear it takes removing the bumper assembly , I wanted to change out the rear ones and the front also and flasher along with led backups but takes to much right now to do, if I did I would just order the bumper and new muffler with tips from Korea.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have a full lighting bulb guide? I just got bought this car 2 days ago, but my dad decides to visit from overseas, so he needs to borrow the car for a month, I thought i should start getting the lighting stuff first lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ahh excellent, thanks a lot bud lol. My dad needed a car while he visit, so he took the Kona since its the only automatic car I have. I believe the owners manual is in the glove box, didnt get a chance to grab it before he left to SD. Time to do some shopping now haha. Btw, do you happen to know, for the LOW beam, if the back has a hard plastic cover? I dont want to drill holes for HID, I think maybe I can fit a LED low beam with resistor in it.

·
Super Moderator
276 Posts
Nobody changed the cornering lamp to LED yet?
When I get mine on Wednesday I have H7 globes to go in the cornering lights (+ CANBUS filters) and H8's to go in the fog lights (+CANBUS Filters)
I am hoping not to need the canbus filters, but If i get an error ill fit them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I get mine on Wednesday I have H7 globes to go in the cornering lights (+ CANBUS filters) and H8's to go in the fog lights (+CANBUS Filters)
I am hoping not to need the canbus filters, but If i get an error ill fit them.
what h7's are you using... i did the foglights, but i'm not finding h7's that should fit... can't afford to order stuff that doesn't fit.

·
Banned
20 Posts
You wont be able to run LED's in the front turn signals for the DRL strip. I've tried, and got the bulb out warning. The socket is part of the DRL housing, it just has contacts, no wires, no place to add a load resistor, except in the main harness.

·
Banned
20 Posts
To get to the rear it takes removing the bumper assembly , I wanted to change out the rear ones and the front also and flasher along with led backups but takes to much right now to do, if I did I would just order the bumper and new muffler with tips from Korea.

Incorrect. You can add led backup and turnsignals to the rear without removing the bumper. Lay on your back, and look straight up under the rear bumper. The sockets are accessable.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Incorrect. You can add led backup and turnsignals to the rear without removing the bumper. Lay on your back, and look straight up under the rear bumper. The sockets are accessable.

If you would have seen my post under Led backups you would have clearly seen that I did do the back ups through reaching up into the space between the bumper cover. Adding rear turns will take a good amount of dexterity and manipulation to get to these as they are farther out to the sides. Adding load resistors to the rear turns will also be a challenge as from trying this by only removing the bulb so another tough issue since there is very little space and wiring to be able to get to the bulb and twist on.
The Post you quoted me on was month or so before I looked at this a few times more and figured out how to get the bulbs of which I have already done.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
I appreciate the research, trial and error you went thru to find a compatible LED Fog Lamp, thank you!

Peace and Blessings

·
Registered
6 Posts
One of my OCD things is that the LED running lights are phenomenal but the fog lights and regular headlights do not match the color of the DRL so I just purchased some LED fog lights 6000k which they said should match the DRL on the vehicle ! Uniform color on the front is key to me. Hear is what I purchased and I will report back after installation of these this week with some before and after pics !

Well after googling the fog lights, I came across this forum post and have to give you 2 big thumbs up for it! I ordered the same lights and love them. Thanks for posting the info.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
You can access the turn signal bulbs through the wheel wells or from underneath but you'll have to remove the clips from the front end of the under skirt. No the turn signals aren't actually sorry.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do you know if these can be used for the headlights as well? I bought a pair but they only had size H7.
Can you expand on what you bought as in bulbs and for what? Fog or Turn or Headlight?

Fogs are H8, Headlight H7 and turns cannot be utilized into LED since it will cause hyperflash.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
DDM Tuning
3.3 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews
DDM Tuning Lynx 35W LED Headlights / Foglight Bulbs,5500 Lumens/Pr, COB Chip, 6000K,Pair, 2 Months Warranty--FBA (H8/H9/H11)
If you want ridiculously bright fog lights these LED lights are going to be it , they give no canbus - warnings and they project very wide bright white light !

Attachments

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Wow, they sure are! Now I see!!!!:grin:

Blessings and Peace

21 - 40 of 74 Posts