Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 4wd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my 5th new Hyundai over the past 20 years, including 3 Santa Fe's (01,07,15)a bright orange Kona Ultimate 4wd, traded in my '15 Santa Fe!! Only have a couple of hundred miles on the Kona, but have no issues so far. The dual clutch takes a little getting used to but a bit of bumping when you start up is the "nature of the beast", and I will adjust to it!! Looking for a way to secure surf rods on the roof, any ideas??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Charlie...Welcome to the Forum....Don't know anything about securing roof rods but curious about your statement...'The dual clutch takes a little getting used to but a bit of bumping when you start up is the "nature of the beast", and I will adjust to it!!" Please explain further....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Charlie...Welcome to the Forum....Don't know anything about securing roof rods but curious about your statement...'The dual clutch takes a little getting used to but a bit of bumping when you start up is the "nature of the beast", and I will adjust to it!!" Please explain further....
If I am stopped at a traffic light and take my foot off the brake allowing the Kona to creep forward before I push the gas pedal it pulses (for lack of a better term) forward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I am stopped at a traffic light and take my foot off the brake allowing the Kona to creep forward before I push the gas pedal it pulses (for lack of a better term) forward.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good morning, Charlie. Thank you for your response. This is what I experience also and don't particularly like this. Never experienced anything like it in the other cars I have owned. Guess I just have to get use to it. Have a good day & weekend.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good morning, Charlie. Thank you for your response. This is what I experience also and don't particularly like this. Never experienced anything like it in the other cars I have owned. Guess I just have to get use to it. Have a good day & weekend.:)
You probably never had a vehicle with a dual clutch shifting system. It will soon be used in a lot more cars. The reason is, it will give the driver about 2 additional miles per gallon over a conventional automatic transmission. The dual clutch system is standard in race cars as well is late model high price sports cars such as Corvettes and McClarens. One of my cars has a 6 speed manual trans so possibly that's why I don't find it annoying!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Also, the dual clutch seems to work better with time as it breaks in. I can also only assume that the newer "wet dual clutch" Hyundai designed for the future, will be better and more refined then then this dry one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You probably never had a vehicle with a dual clutch shifting system. It will soon be used in a lot more cars. The reason is, it will give the driver about 2 additional miles per gallon over a conventional automatic transmission. The dual clutch system is standard in race cars as well is late model high price sports cars such as Corvettes and McClarens. One of my cars has a 6 speed manual trans so possibly that's why I don't find it annoying!!
Charlie.....Needless to say, I definitely have not...My last car was a 2013 Prius so this is DEFINITELY a whole different drive and ride....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts