Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a new Kona 2019 1.6T. I noticed that on any straight road the car is pulling slightly to the right. I checked with the local Kona garage and they tried to discard my complaint. I checked the suspension alignment but it was almost normal except a slight rear camber angle. However I was told that changing camber angle on Kona is impossible. I checked with customers' complaints and I saw that I am not alone with this issue. Reviewing the issue myself I came to the conclusion that the reason is that the front and rear shafts are not aligned. I checked the distance between the front and rear wheels and found that the distances between right and left are not equal. The mechanic found that Hyundai left some free space for the rear shaft to be adjusted. He adjusted the distance to a difference les than 1 mm, After that the steering wheel while driving straight was 1/8 turn misaligned. He adjusted the steering links to regain the straight possition and walla!, the car is running perfect with no pull to the right. I suggest that all of you who complained about similar issue, should chek the distnce between the wheels on both sides.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for your post. It is not an issue with my Kona. But, as you say, I have read of this concern from other drivers before.
It is funny how garages respond to some problems. When my partner bought her brand new Vauxhall Corsa she reported clutch juddering on pulling away, especially on hills. The garage tried to say she did not know how to drive properly despite her driving Vauxhalls for over thirty years. It turned out they knew the wrong clutch lining was used on that model but they did not want to admit it. She stuck with it for 12 years before buying the Kona. What a difference. She enjoys driving again.
Glad you had a satisfactory conclusion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts