Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)

I have a 2018 Kona SEL and just hate hate hate the halogens that come on it, high beam, low beam and fogs.
They are so yellow-y...and I just can't see that well with them at night.

So I am looking to upgrade the bulbs..there are so many. I don't want to get into conversions, just plug and play if I can.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what ? I am looking for something whiter (no blue tints, blinding and street legal for my area). I just don't know what color shade/lumens would be appropriate. I am assuming the OEM's are 1000 lumens at 3200K (don't know this for fact).

This is the only thing I really hate about this vehicle. Why would they put these awful things on this rather nice car?

Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't know if they're legal where you live but I put in Philips diamondvision. It's not quite the same white as the factory LEDs but it's close enough for my liking.

I don't know why they would be illegal when factory LED headlights are a higher colour temp anyway

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I used a RCP with canbus LED light kit off amazon for fog lights, they're ridiculously bright I don't recommend using them in regular traffic.

The halogens are a bit of a pain to replace because they fit into 3 retention points but you can't see to line it up properly so you end up lining 2 up and the third doesn't. But standard h7 halogen bulbs fit fine there's nothing hinky.

If you have dinner plate hands maybe ask someone else to do it. My hands are about a size 9.5 or 10 and it was borderline for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip on the DiamondVisions. I was planning to just replace the standard H7 with other H7's that are a bit brighter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts