Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST got my Kona today! I'm so excited. It's my first brand new car and I want to find some good seat protectors that won't break the bank. I have a dog 1 very messy and active child and I just want something nice to protect the interior.

I put a good sized downpayment down so I'm not looking for too fancy. I looked at some sites and they didn't have any covers for the Kona yet and I may just have to go on ebay or Autozone soon. Any body get any seat covers for the Kona yet?

·
Registered
224 Posts
For $20 (or less) you can get basic seat covers that will slide over the front seats. That's a really cheap way to protect the seats, though they may not be exact fits. That said, the "exact fit" seat covers I've dealt with in the past have always been a pain to install and don't seem to really fit much better. I haven't decided yet with my Kona, but I'm getting close to grabbing a set of the cheap generic covers and seeing if I can live with them.

Back seat covers are a different issue.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts

·
Super Moderator
510 Posts
Any photos to see the fit?
I had them for over 3 months. The reason the cover is bunched to one side is because they are over leather. Not enough friction to keep them from sliding when I enter and sit. Not the best looking, but they do the job of keeping my seats clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had them for over 3 months. The reason the cover is bunched to one side is because they are over leather. Not enough friction to keep them from sliding when I enter and sit. Not the best looking, but they do the job of keeping my seats clean.
the headrest isn't covered? is it a snug fit? the photo of yours looks a bit baggy?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For $20 (or less) you can get basic seat covers that will slide over the front seats. That's a really cheap way to protect the seats, though they may not be exact fits. That said, the "exact fit" seat covers I've dealt with in the past have always been a pain to install and don't seem to really fit much better. I haven't decided yet with my Kona, but I'm getting close to grabbing a set of the cheap generic covers and seeing if I can live with them.

Back seat covers are a different issue.
my old accord had some very nicely fit seat covers on them but yes, when i went to remove them it took me a while to comprehend how to do it. like for the back seat i had to remove the bottom seat part and had no idea how to do that. but i will say that they were a very nice fit and i wish my uncle was still alive to tell me where he bought the ones on the accord.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts

·
Super Moderator
510 Posts
the headrest isn't covered? is it a snug fit? the photo of yours looks a bit baggy?
They actually looked much better in person than the picture. Probably fits better over cloth than leather. Friction to keep things in place. Fits the headrest fine. I just didn't bother with it. My pants get dirt most of the time not my head. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Won't the seat covers interfere with the heated seat and also be dangerous interference with the side airbag built into the front seats?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Newer seat covers are constructed with the side airbags in mind. They have tear away panels. As far as seat heaters it will take them a bit longer to warm you up but not by much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Won't the seat covers interfere with the heated seat and also be dangerous interference with the side airbag built into the front seats?
I spoke with the girl at decor auto and another website, www.myseatcovers.com and they both said that universal seat covers do not have the air bag modifications, but when you get custom seat covers they do come with modifications for airbags.

I'm still debating though, I want really nice covers for my Kona, I'm not liking the baggy ones I see everywhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Newer seat covers are constructed with the side airbags in mind. They have tear away panels. As far as seat heaters it will take them a bit longer to warm you up but not by much.
Yeah. But if you get the one size fits all covers, the air bag modifications are not as precise and aren't suggested for new models cars because of this. So I've stopped looking at ebay and amazon. Now I just need to decide where I want to get my seat covers from.

Still researching though!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm not sure what to say on the airbag issue other than to point out that the $20 universal front bucket set I grabbed last weekend at Walmart clearly supports airbags. They even direct you on how to properly put the covers on to make sure you don't interfere with them in a way that will keep the bags from deploying. I know you said you talked to someone, but are you sure they are not motivated to sell you a more expensive custom cover?

Not that I'm saying universal is the way to go in your case, just that, as was noted up thread, they do take air bags into account.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts