Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe force is the answer, but I've only had it a week and I'm nervous about destroying anything. How do you get visor and trunk lenses off? I can't tell with the visor if just the lens pops out or if I have to pry off the frame. Also I can't budge the trunk light and not sure if I'm suppose to go in from the back somehow.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Plastic prying device is the best way or you could wrap a flathead with tape. You are spot on though, force is the answer. Heads up on the visor lights, difficult to remove and do not even think about touching metal to the contacts. On the plus side, there is a spare 7.5amp fuse right below the 7.5amp fuse that handles the interior lighting.

Of all of the lights I replaced with LEDs the lights above the visor were the most difficult.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Trunk lense pull top down and out, if I remember right. Visors, the wire is on the drivers door side, so pull down on passenger side. Pull whole assembly! Map lights, clear lense on one side is pivoted, push on the lense and one side depresses. (center edge I think) This is the side to pry off, a little tough at first, tab is in middle of moving side, The pivot edge is the top and bottom; a round post the lense snaps onto. Festoons, or long tube bulbs are tight, I pulled on flex end with screw driver to let bulb fall out, then insert in reverse. This way least chance of blowing a fuse. Also first hold bulb in place to see if it lights, or you will have to reverse the ends. Easy to test before pushing into socket. Hope this helps. Visors, over head, and trunk, are 31 mm and glove boxe is 37mm. Glove box is easy to push the inner side tabs to let box fall forward some, to let you hand in and over top; then just push down on side without wire. You will feel the wire harness easy, again a little tight at first. Overhead lamp is snug too, pull on front or back edge of lense will work. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Why don't you disconnect the battery first to preclude and shorting of fuses. It's easy to do and only takes a couple of extra minutes. Save your self some aggravation.

Blessings and Peace

Reactions: lime twist ultimate

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
It's called, :grin:

Blessings and Peace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts