Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some opins/advice on the N-line AWD w/tech vs 2022 Autobahn Golf GTI here in Ontario

Golf GTI Build

Not sure which I want at this point. I like the fact that the kona has AWD and is more affordable. Other than that what do you think sets these apart from each other?

thanks for your time

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just looking for some opins/advice on the N-line AWD w/tech vs 2022 Autobahn Golf GTI here in Ontario

Golf GTI Build

Not sure which I want at this point. I like the fact that the kona has AWD and is more affordable. Other than that what do you think sets these apart from each other?

thanks for your time
I considered the 2022 GTI when I was shopping for my 2022 Kona N (not N-line). I'm not sure what prices are like in Canada, but here in the US the GTI in Autobahn trim is almost $41k - that's a lot of money. If you care about performance, I think the GTI will be the clear winner. The GTI is a tried and true performance oriented vehicle, the Kona N-line, well, is mostly an appearance package. The extra 50 horsepower found in the GTI will be night and day. Plus, the Autobahn has the DCC so the ride will definitely be smoother. How much do you care about performance and is it worth the significant extra cash to you?

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
241 Posts
theyre not even close to be able to compare, id just get what you want to pay for. coming from a gti mk7 , on the forums no one really like the awd gtis for some reason,
also my gti had a 60k warranty, not too many issues before, at 61k i had to put 3500 in repairs. although some people only like to keep the cars for a few years, i wont buy a vw again although i looooove gtis

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I considered the 2022 GTI when I was shopping for my 2022 Kona N (not N-line). I'm not sure what prices are like in Canada, but here in the US the GTI in Autobahn trim is almost $41k - that's a lot of money. If you care about performance, I think the GTI will be the clear winner. The GTI is a tried and true performance oriented vehicle, the Kona N-line, well, is mostly an appearance package. The extra 50 horsepower found in the GTI will be night and day. Plus, the Autobahn has the DCC so the ride will definitely be smoother. How much do you care about performance and is it worth the significant extra cash to you?
The N-Line doesn't even have a better suspension package then the Limited's. They should of given it an increased spring rate by just throwing in a set of Eibach lowering springs and actuality making it something but stickers and different plastic. Like the Elantra GT N-Lines did.

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
241 Posts
The N-Line doesn't even have a better suspension package then the Limited's. They should of given it an increased spring rate by just throwing in a set of Eibach lowering springs and actuality making it something but stickers and different plastic. Like the Elantra GT N-Lines did.
just curious, what type of suspension does the limiteds have? i have one but cant find info on it

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I need to clarify more precisely, I was talking about spring rates and not suspension designs. The Elantra N-Line had Hyundai Multi-Link suspension in it's 2WD form, the Kona Limited 2WD does not have Multi-Link suspension. The standard/Limited 2WD Konas have torsion beam rear suspension. The Kona AWD and new Kona N have Hyundai Multi-Link, which is a German designed rear suspension which is an almost exact copy of the VW/Audi rear suspension. All late model GTI's have rear Multi-Link suspension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts