Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2022 N-Line, tech package with Harmon Kardon “Premium” audio system. Ehhh, it’s not so “Premium.” Pretty disappointed with it. Not horrible, but could certainly be better. Has anybody upgraded their speakers, or done any modifications to the sound system?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just purchased a 2022 N-Line, tech package with Harmon Kardon “Premium” audio system. Ehhh, it’s not so “Premium.” Pretty disappointed with it. Not horrible, but could certainly be better. Has anybody upgraded their speakers, or done any modifications to the sound system?
Having a Kona N I will have to agree the sound system does suck I expected much more for the name brand.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
984 Posts
The premium audio just really means you have an amplifier. The speakers are made my clarion, which is usually low quality.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The premium audio just really means you have an amplifier. The speakers are made my clarion, which is usually low quality.
Actually, I learned something. The speakers are pretty good. Went by a stereo shop to see about new speakers. I listen to music through Spotify. They asked if I had adjusted the equalizer through the Spotify app. Never even thought about doing that. Did it, and wow! What a difference! So…to anybody out there, adjust the equalizer through Spotify or Apple Music and it will make a world of difference.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
984 Posts
Actually, I learned something. The speakers are pretty good. Went by a stereo shop to see about new speakers. I listen to music through Spotify. They asked if I had adjusted the equalizer through the Spotify app. Never even thought about doing that. Did it, and wow! What a difference! So…to anybody out there, adjust the equalizer through Spotify or Apple Music and it will make a world of difference.

I know there is an equalizer on the radio itself, i haven't seen one it spotify, im going to have to check that out. ty.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I skimmed through the thread. When I took my 2022 N-Line to the stereo shop to see about replacing speakers, the installers told me…yes, we can do it, but it’s very intricate and that manufactures, don’t make it easy to modify. From skimming through the thread, I’m assuming this is true??

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I don't think so, I did the speakers and not really an issue. Installing speakers with all the sound deadening can take some time, that's why I did that myself. I left cutting into factory wiring up to the pros as when I did mine , there were no plug and play wiring harness. I left factory speaker wiring as is, I don't have high powered amps driving my speakers. The cost to sound benfit was not there. My stereo guy does this stuff every day and every modern car now a days is no 1980's car. He had all my stuff wired up as I waited and it took him 2 hours. Sounds like your guy is pre warning you he is going to hit your pocket book big time. I would get some bids on doing what you want. The Kona's been around for years, every installer worth his salt should have a very accurate idea on time to install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts