Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So another member on my fb kona pages asked for some details on the engine bay fuse box, so i got him that info. However, in my looking around, i noticed a populated fuse position for 4wd. Thats weird to me as i have a Front wheel drive model. So i pulled the fuse and checked it with a multimeter, it is a powered fuse location, and there is a both contacts there. So i turn the car on and go for a drive without the fuse in that location. Nothing seems to have changed. No CEL, no weird noises or vibrations, and drive ability is still the same. So what gives? Any idea's what system that 4wd fused system can go too on the fwd model?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I would think with the high number of AWD units sold, Hyundai just has the supplier or their own manufacture line just install it as default as to only have one part # and location bin. Same with the wiring harness I bet too. I would be willing to bet there is a AWD rear diff solenoid plug zip tied up in the rear frame area on your car somewhere. I guess it depends if Hyundai does batch manufacturing/final assembly line or variable manufacturing/assembly line.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think with the high number of AWD units sold, Hyundai just has the supplier or their own manufacture line just install it as default as to only have one part # and location bin. Same with the wiring harness I bet too. I would be willing to bet there is a AWD rear diff solenoid plug zip tied up in the rear frame area on your car somewhere. I guess it depends if Hyundai does batch manufacturing/final assembly line or variable manufacturing/assembly line.

Nothing hiding in the rear section, not even above the fuel tank. I do know the harness for the heated steering wheel is there, and the paddle shifter plugs are there as well in the steering wheel, but they dont travel more than 6 feet in the dash to more empty pigtails/sockets.

There are multiple other fuse locations that only have 1 contact, the powered side, but no second contact for the other side of the fuse. Which is good news, so i can add a contact, and wiring and make my heated washer system, and led light bar look oe in the fuse box.

I've contacted my local dealership, requesting a wiring diagram, but i doubt i'll get any help. Im probably just going to have to trace it out myself, but im going to wait till it gets warmer.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Is there a wire in the center shift console for the heated steering wheel switch? I could sure use a heated steering wheel in Minnesota.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts