Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting these white flecks(like paint splatter) all over my dash. I can flick them off with my fingernail on the hard plastic areas, but not on the soft areas. Does anyone know what's causing them? My wife says she's not opening or spraying anything and neither am I. I've had them since new - 3 years.
KONA2[1].jpg
KONA1[1].jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it was dandruff I could flick the stuff away with a duster. It almost feels like paint because they snap off the hard surfaces with a fingernail.
I don't know how to stop it from recurring.

·
Registered
2020 Kona Trend - 1.6T AWD - sunset orange
36 Posts
I keep getting these white flecks(like paint splatter) all over my dash. I can flick them off with my fingernail on the hard plastic areas, but not on the soft areas. Does anyone know what's causing them? My wife says she's not opening or spraying anything and neither am I. I've had them since new - 3 years. View attachment 5673 View attachment 5674
honestly looks like paint splatter! . . . not sure how that would be possible but - - - yeah. . .

maybe someone hold something in there hand while driving - it's weird for sure! :unsure:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife and I are the only ones that drive this car. Neither of us has ever had any kind of spray item in any of our cars.
If I didn't know better I also would think it was paint. It wasn't as bad as this last episode. In the past it was just a light coating and I would just use my fingernails to get rid of the spots on the hard surfaces - didn't really notice the spots on the softer areas. Then a couple days later the spots were back and the whole experience would start over again.
Why is it solid and removable on the hard areas and not on the soft areas??
I was thinking it might be some kind of chemical release from the plastic on the inside of the car, but I really doubt that. I'm completely baffled.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My wife and I are the only ones that drive this car. Neither of us has ever had any kind of spray item in any of our cars.
If I didn't know better I also would think it was paint. It wasn't as bad as this last episode. In the past it was just a light coating and I would just use my fingernails to get rid of the spots on the hard surfaces - didn't really notice the spots on the softer areas. Then a couple days later the spots were back and the whole experience would start over again.
Why is it solid and removable on the hard areas and not on the soft areas??
I was thinking it might be some kind of chemical release from the plastic on the inside of the car, but I really doubt that. I'm completely baffled.
hmmmm . . .very odd.

the only other thing i can think of is polish splatter. . . .as if someone was polishing the exterior with the window slightly open...???

·
Registered
36 Posts
hmmmm . . .very odd.

the only other thing i can think of is polish splatter. . . .as if someone was polishing the exterior with the window slightly open...???
. . and considering it's on the emblem as well it must be an outside source.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts