Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my 2019 red Kona Ltd three weeks now.....VERY HAPPY!!! Traded in a manual 2014 Elantra GT for this.....couldn’t be happier! This morning I crossed 800 miles and for the first time I switched to sport mode. WHOA!!! What a difference! This thing will flat out MOVE! Plus the steering is MUCH tighter. Thought the MPG would suffer and it did: by a whopping.5 MPG....so, it’s sports mode for me from now on. Also, for those about to buy a Kona, and hesitant to get the turbo....do it! When in the sports mode, there is absolutely no lag. There is a LOT of power from the start....another thing: this car is VERY quiet inside.....I’m amazed that a car in this price range is this refined! Very little road noise, and no rattles! Can’t say enough good things! Mine is not AWD, but in GA that’s not really needed. Those of you that have a LTD already know how much fun it is to drive, especially in sport mode. Those on the fence: if you are going to buy a Kona, this is definitely the one to get!!

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
Sport mode holds the gears longer, adjusts the steering feel and gas pedal feel..
It won’t shift to 7th in automated sport mode.. but will in manual..
I only use sport mode.. better in traffic as it holds the gear for compression braking and doesn’t
Shift constantly.. Good stuff..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am at 3 months in my 2019 ultimate and at 4800 miles and loving it. I also only drive in sport mode since normal mode is so slow to react to throttle input. You can see my econ in my sig and its not bad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is there a way to keep it in sport mode even after I shut off the Kona? I tried looking into the user settings but I don't see an option for it. Or is the only option by pressing the drive mode button everytime I turn on the car?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is there a way to keep it in sport mode even after I shut off the Kona? I tried looking into the user settings but I don't see an option for it. Or is the only option by pressing the drive mode button everytime I turn on the car?
The only option I have found after a year of ownership is pressing the button each time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmm I wonder if that's something they could potentially do in some type of firmware update. I know it's not exactly a Tesla, but I suspect that it's possible to update the computer to add that functionality 🤔

1 - 6 of 6 Posts