Hyundai Kona Forum banner

My Kona Limited AWD Build

9K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Dwc420k 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!
Just bought a 2018 Kona Limited AWD and I am absolutely in LOVE with this car!
My mind immediately went to the customizations and modifications I could add to personalize my ride and prepare her for overlanding.

I immediately threw on a set of urethane rally armor mud flaps, added some interior lighting, and bolted up an AFE Power axle-back exhaust kit that deleted the rear muffler. Thankfully she is still pretty quiet, just has a bit more growl.

Since she was already equipped with Mud and Snow tires at purchase, there was no need to buy new tires when I swapped out the OEM rims. I'm currently rocking a set of Platinum Recluse 18x8s, a gift from a family member I greatly prefer to the OEM wheels the previous owner rashed.

Finally, I wanted extra cargo carrying capacity, so I could move more people and their belongings when I go camping.
Installed a set of OEM Hyundai Cross bars and a Small Rhino Rack XTray.

Soon, I'll be adding window and hood wind deflectors, a rack-mounted light bar, and brake caliper covers. Down the road will be a DTE chip tune, and I hope to add an axe and shovel mount and an awning to the roof rack setup.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.