Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven’t even owned the thing for three months! Has anyone else had any similar problems?
We purchased a certified pre owned 2019 Kona today (10k miles), and drove it home. Only discovered horn did not work when pulling in our driveway. Glad we paid the $500 to continue the factory warranties.

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
276 Posts
We purchased a certified pre owned 2019 Kona today (10k miles), and drove it home. Only discovered horn did not work when pulling in our driveway. Glad we paid the $500 to continue the factory warranties.
??
What is your $500 paying for...

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer charged us roughly $500 for the balance of the factory bumper to bumper warranty. Without the bumper to bumper, we'd have only the drive train warranty. Turns out it was a defective horn, so it's covered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The dealer charged us roughly $500 for the balance of the factory bumper to bumper warranty. Without the bumper to bumper, we'd have only the drive train warranty. Turns out it was a defective horn, so it's covered.
I bought a 2019 Kona with 24k last week and my horn doesn't work also. I will be taking it in to see what is wrong and hope it's covered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven’t even owned the thing for three months! Has anyone else had any similar problems?
Yes, I have a 2019 Kona and while getting my oil changed at Canadian tire they told me my horn didn't work (june 2020). The next day it seemed to work fine. Didn't think about it again (I use my horn fairly often, no problems) until I tried to use it when someone turned in front of me and immediately stopped (?!!). It didn't work! This was September 2020. Didn't work for a couple days and started working before I was able to get to the dealership. They said they wouldn't be able to check it under warranty because they had no proof that anything was wrong (seriously?!). They only ended up charging me about $30-40 to check it, but said they found no loose connections etc. and there was no work they could do to fix it. Now I try to remember to check the horn when I start driving, it was kind of unnerving to try to use it in a near-collision and have no horn. So if it stops working again I will go straight to the dealership.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts