Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! In my 16 years of driving, I've owned 9 cars, all purchased used and never newer than 10 years old. After the transmission went out on my most recent 2002 Hyundai Accent, I decided enough was enough. I was sick of owning unreliable vehicles that last me less than 2 years at best. So I set out to compare the Kona and Elantra GT, as well as the Kia Niro and Soul. Welp, I'm sure you can guess which one I chose! Meet Kona Lisa, the 10th car I've ever owned, but the first new car purchase of my life. I even splurged on the maintenance package. I'm hoping to get a solid 5-10 years of comfort and reliability out of her.

kona-lisa.jpg

P.S. Has anyone here attempted to get the stock rims powder coated? I think they'd look great if they were gloss black.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome aboard! Great choice and I think you will love her. Have a quick search as I am pretty certain one or more of the group have powder coated their rims.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah this is a great car. I have one like these. I love it. I bought it a few months back from a dealership but it was located across the country since the taxes over there were smaller (Hi, economy, how are ya?) but in general the car is a pleasure to drive. The only thing I had to worry about was shipping since I didn't have the possibility to get there myself and make the drive across the country. I found one shipping company that I liked (I'll leave the info below) and it was an easy ride from there. The staff was nice and they were very careful with it. In general I got my car on time and without any damages so I was really happy.

_
You can check them here: shipvehicles.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts