Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed the factory mud guards?

How difficult is it? Is it no drilling required like the weathertech's usually are?

·
Banned
1,281 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine came standard as apparently it's a legal requirement here (?) But I do note they are minimal and if you have the 18" 235's they don't quite extend enough cover the tire width.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I just ordered mine, even just a hair outset makes a big difference with snow cake up here in Minnesota, not to mention the sand and salt hitting the paint as it did on my Elantra GT and was reduced by the factory flaps. I found the Elanta GT had thin paint and had micro chips from sand hitting the paint. I am all in even though they stop a small percentage.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Installed mine today took about 15 minutes. Everything in the kit to install properly. Use the proper tools and it's a breeze. Look good and will do a fine job in protecting also.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The cheap chinese units on ebay look cheap in pictures and will probably not match OEM plastic. so buyer beware if you are trying to save $.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Got mine ebay ? or other but, look good and all sheet metal screws. Think two had tab clips to add. Nothing complicated. Compared to oem and little differance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed my mud guards (Amazon, not factory). I must say they feel very genuine; quality plastic & durable. These are a bit wider and definitely taller than the OEM (see pic comparison below for rear guards). No drilling, just removing 2 screws, install, screw back on. You will need to fasten a clip for the 2 back guards underneath. Again just remove and clip back on after installation. The rear guards were kind of a pain to install because the screws are directly in line with the rear tires with little room to hold a screwdriver straight. I took a long, skinny flat head on an angle and just worked it. I read an Amazon review that one guy removed his rear tires completely. I'm sure that made it easier, but wasn't necessary in my case

OEM

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts