Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there Kona owners,

Has anyone put on enough miles to figure out the MPGs? I'm always skeptical of manufacturer claims so lets hear the good news. I'm close to purchasing....so excited.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm glad you created this thread.
2018 Kona Limited front-wheel drive, turbo with the DCT.
After 510 miles trip computer shows 35.1 average.
Once we had several tanks used I will calculate by hand and compare.
My guess is we get 31-33, the trip meter always shows more.
As for conditions, small city, some secondary highways, speeds between 25-65 mph, and no traffic.
Best I ever had was 54 mpg, 16 mile trip going from 1,700 feet elevation to sea level, driving at 60 mph in 6th or 7th gear. No hot rodding, wife will protest.

·
Super Moderator
314 Posts
I'm still on my first tank. I don't trust the computer MPG until I do some calculations when I fill up. I was a a little surprised today on a 30+ mile trip on a flat land and some tail wind. The trip was over 40mpg with AWD turbo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ultimate 1.6T with AWD
1,550 miles so far
Mostly suburban driving with lower speeds and frequent start/stops. Some highway driving
Mixture of AC on or windows open
Average 27.7 mpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
First full tank, 90 % non- freeway, lot of stop and go, 1.6 T, AWD, reported 7.6 l/100km, but actual was 8.4 or 28 miles / US gallon. Our regular gas here is 87 octane.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Around town driving varies from mid to high 30's mpg. Best so far around town is; 39.6 mpg normal driving. Haven't been on the highway yet and won't till I get the clear bra on it. So far, we are very pleased. Especially compared to the Genesis Ultimate 5.0. We get around 25-27 mpg around town.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm happily getting around 33mpg so far with minimal stop-and-go and mostly highway miles with my SEL AWD in normal mode...

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
I thought the AWD would suffer a little because of the added weigh but that's respectable indeed.:wink::grin:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I thought the AWD would suffer a little because of the added weigh but that's respectable indeed.:wink::grin:
Yeah, I'm really thrilled to get even close to 30mpg, not to mention even better... after all, I've been getting 10-12mpg for 14 years in my Nissan Titan! I don't have lead foot, anyway...just drive the speed limit. It felt so weird to finally have to fill up the Kona today! I'm as happy as a clam!:smile_big:

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
:grin:I'll bet!! Good on you especially with gas price at the moment. You made a good choice.:grin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts