Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm in the UK and wondered if this is a common problem. There is condensation inside both running lights, which I assume would be unusual. Can't recall having this on any other make of car. Any ideas ? Thanks Mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
671 Posts
Its normal for condensation to happen. Its abnormal is the water starts to pool in the bottom of the lens. There is 2 ways to remove the condensation. 1) remove the bulb, and let the lens air out and dry. 2) turn the lights on, the moisture will burn off.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Common in the US.
See this thread.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just saw this on my 2020 Kona this morning. The passenger side DRL has a lot of condensation in it. UGH :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
First problem has surfaced after owning my 2020 Ultimate. The passenger daytime running light has moisture in it. I will take it in the morning. I have a feeling they are going to have to order the light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the running lights for the Kona are sealed? I talked to the dealership and they mentioned that it's normal for condensation build up to occur, but I'm skeptical as there was only significant moisture build up on the passenger side and not the drivers side running light.

I'd imagine there would be vents in the case they are not sealed, but seeing it happen only on one side leads me to believe something is wrong.

What are your thoughts?
Minor getting replaced they tried to tell me the same thing it's bogus
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the running lights for the Kona are sealed? I talked to the dealership and they mentioned that it's normal for condensation build up to occur, but I'm skeptical as there was only significant moisture build up on the passenger side and not the drivers side running light.

I'd imagine there would be vents in the case they are not sealed, but seeing it happen only on one side leads me to believe something is wrong.

What are your thoughts?
The lights are not supposed to do that they're replacing both of mine

·
Registered
32 Posts
2020 Kona Limited, today I noticed the inside of the right front running light is completely covered in condensation,
Anyone else experience this issue?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,

What are your thoughts?
I have an appointment Monday to have them fix mine. Passenger side only, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
contrary to some of the above posts.. running lights, blinkers, head lights should not have water in them.. it will cause corrosion of the connections

my 2020, right is flooded, left has some.. i'm going to request both be changed

I have an appointment Monday to have them fix mine. Passenger side only, too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
contrary to some of the above posts.. running lights, blinkers, head lights should not have water in them.. it will cause corrosion of the connections

my 2020, right is flooded, left has some.. i'm going to request both be changed
I took it in to a local dealer last week to look at. They had one in stock and replaced it, under warranty, so no charge.

·
Registered
15 Posts

both of mine have the problem.. dealer made me go twice before ordering part...
i've had the car for 4 days, and have driven 82 miles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
As I just purchased ours in December and didn't drive it except once back to the dealer to install aftermarket heated seats:
Do you guys have garages or park them outside?
I would like to figure out if all the cars suffer from the same shortcomings (mine says was built in Ulsan, Korea) within a certain trim, or coming from a certain manufacturing plant - hence keep an eye on mine and park it maybe outside to see if develops the same problem. Those are definitely bad quality light housings. They all should be sealed from moisture developing inside. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Both of mine happened driving in rain

They’ll show a tsb that says it’s normal, it’s not

Part back ordered, so far I’m waiting 3weeks

As I just purchased ours in December and didn't drive it except once back to the dealer to install aftermarket heated seats:
Do you guys have garages or park them outside?
I would like to figure out if all the cars suffer from the same shortcomings (mine says was built in Ulsan, Korea) within a certain trim, or coming from a certain manufacturing plant - hence keep an eye on mine and park it maybe outside to see if develops the same problem. Those are definitely bad quality light housings. They all should be sealed from moisture developing inside. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same situation here! Brand new 2020 and it has water/condensation build up in the passenger DRL...
and too add to the situation, the guy at the dealership was trying to say he's "NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN ON A KONA".
Pulled up these kona forums and showed him its a common issue. Finally got them to order the part but it wasn't their first choice..

21 - 40 of 43 Posts