Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the running lights for the Kona are sealed? I talked to the dealership and they mentioned that it's normal for condensation build up to occur, but I'm skeptical as there was only significant moisture build up on the passenger side and not the drivers side running light.

I'd imagine there would be vents in the case they are not sealed, but seeing it happen only on one side leads me to believe something is wrong.

What are your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
278 Posts
Looks defective, take a look at all the other hyundai's on the lot.
I bet you won't see any condensation.
I would put a warranty request in for that one.
That is not a normal level of condensation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two weeks ago, I had the LED turn signal housing and reverse light housing replaced due to excessive moisture. Just reading on the forum and saw this issue a hot minute ago. They warrantied it out, I tried getting them to fix my defective pin stripe and they countered saying another dealership installed it (which is true, they had the car sent from another dealership when I purchased) so I told them just to remove all of the pin striping.

They ordered it and it took about a week for them to receive it. I left my car there overnight and they gave me a loaner and I picked it up the next day after work. No issues with the process at all.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Two weeks ago, I had the LED turn signal housing and reverse light housing replaced due to excessive moisture. Just reading on the forum and saw this issue a hot minute ago. They warrantied it out, I tried getting them to fix my defective pin stripe and they countered saying another dealership installed it (which is true, they had the car sent from another dealership when I purchased) so I told them just to remove all of the pin striping.

They ordered it and it took about a week for them to receive it. I left my car there overnight and they gave me a loaner and I picked it up the next day after work. No issues with the process at all.
From my experience I realized that Hyundai dealerships fall right behind Toyota in terms of service, at least most of them.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
It's not normal. Call Hyundai customer service, make a warranty complaint and take it to another Hyundai Dealer. What you can do in the meantime is to take a hair drier to the outside of the light and heat it until the condensation disappears.:smile:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've only had my 2019 Kona Ultimate for three weeks now, and when I received it, both headlight housing were a little foggy. I ran the headlights every chance, and within 3 days or so, it cleared up and hasn't come back.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've only had my 2019 Kona Ultimate for three weeks now, and when I received it, both headlight housing were a little foggy. I ran the headlights every chance, and within 3 days or so, it cleared up and hasn't come back.
That picture is definitely more then just foggy though, that's condensation, and quite a lot of it. Seems a seal is broken somewhere allowing moisture in. Should be replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dang just at dealership and forgot to mention this, my running lights had about a spoon size condensation inside both !

·
Banned
179 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Found condensation on the passenger DRL last week and had my dealership look at it yesterday while getting an oil change. They stated that this was not normal and there is a problem with the seals. Majority of the issues on with the passenger DRL. They have ordered a replacement part under warranty and should arrive later this week. If I paid for this out of pocket, the DRL is a bit over $1300 Canadian.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Ouch! Thanks for a good warranty!!:grin:

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Good for you!!

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update - Dealer was able to replicate the issue and replaced the DRL under warranty. Everything else seems to be great on our 2018 Kona SEL AWD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
****, I got the same problem on my 2019 SEL's both running LED light. It is just a week old car, bought brand new. I never experienced like this with any other new cars from other brands I have owned.

Today went to my dealer and they said they fixed the issue by running the headlight on for 30 minutes. But when I picked up my car, there is still condensation and water inside the LED running light assembly. Now, told me to come back tomorrow and hopefully they replace with new LED running light assembly. So far not a good starting experience with Hyundai and hopefully owning Hyundai car for the first time will not let me down.

·
Super Moderator
1,150 Posts
Doesn’t look right to me.. Agree that their should be a vent or hole visible if it’s not a sealed unit..

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the running lights for the Kona are sealed? I talked to the dealership and they mentioned that it's normal for condensation build up to occur, but I'm skeptical as there was only significant moisture build up on the passenger side and not the drivers side running light.

I'd imagine there would be vents in the case they are not sealed, but seeing it happen only on one side leads me to believe something is wrong.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just saw this on my 2020 Kona this morning. The passenger side DRL has a lot of condensation in it. UGH :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
First problem has surfaced after owning my 2020 Ultimate. The passenger daytime running light has moisture in it. I will take it in the morning. I have a feeling they are going to have to order the light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

What are your thoughts?
Minor getting replaced they tried to tell me the same thing it's bogus
Hi all,

What are your thoughts?
The lights are not supposed to do that they're replacing both of mine

1 - 20 of 24 Posts