1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M4RVVX6/?coliid=I288PIVCGBRQ4V&colid=2GZQ7A0UTIW9N&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Anyone ever used this stuff? I was thinking about getting it and putting it on the LED DRL's, since I don't think lamin-x will be making a film for it since the website says it's difficult to make film for it that will stay, probably because of that little protrusion.
No I haven't used it but I would not put any UV chemical on the DRL's, Headlights or Fog Lamps. There is a new coating manufactures are using to keep the lenses from yellowing.

You can have the DRL's done by any reputable Clear Bra Shop that does the Kona. The cost is negligible. Both mine cost about $30.00 to do and they have a 10 year warranty from the shop who did them as are nearly all 3M Company Product dealers. They are well covered and protected.:wink:

Keep in mind; The UV coating is already there from the manufacturer, I wouldn't disturb it unless they yellowed over time. Then you can refurbish and apply.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool. I'll do that instead. I did get the lamin-x film for the headlights today.

Reactions: JR KONA

·
Registered
244 Posts
cool. I'll do that instead. I did get the lamin-x film for the headlights today.
I would highly also suggest getting the fogs done ,not so much for the DRL since they sit high and are a higher grade of impact plastic. Since the fogs are basically at ground level they take everything coming at them,reason I had my whole front end ,fenders, all lights even drl since it it part of the pattern and fenders, entire hood done in Xpel ( Clear bra) as soon I could get to my tint guy. I did the entire front end to of course protect from small pebbles etc that will over time pit the lights and paint well worth the cost now vs a paint job or new lights

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would highly also suggest getting the fogs done ,not so much for the DRL since they sit high and are a higher grade of impact plastic. Since the fogs are basically at ground level they take everything coming at them,reason I had my whole front end ,fenders, all lights even drl since it it part of the pattern and fenders, entire hood done in Xpel ( Clear bra) as soon I could get to my tint guy.
yeah, definitely on my list. I'm either going to get lamin-x film since it's precut to the exact shape, or something.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
yeah, definitely on my list. I'm either going to get lamin-x film since it's precut to the exact shape, or something.
They have a very heavy roll available which will work fine on the fog lamps. It's what I have left over from my Genesis work.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
I suppose then the "Keep Clear," means just that when on a new vehicle????:grin: Bad pun but I had to try!:wink:

·
Super Moderator
493 Posts
They have a very heavy roll available which will work fine on the fog lamps. It's what I have left over from my Genesis work.
The fog lenses are flat, should be easy to cut to size. I'm going to do it next week.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Yep that's why I'm going to use the heavier film. The only lights that are difficult are the DRL's. this is why I suggested for you to take it to an installer.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Too bad they don't make easy install THICK glass overlays like cell phone glass screen savers, or a plastic cover with a 1/4 gap to take the hit and replace when cracked.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Too bad they don't make easy install THICK glass overlays like cell phone glass screen savers, or a plastic cover with a 1/4 gap to take the hit and replace when cracked.
I understand what you are saying and I like the idea.:wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts