Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mapnsoft 12.5 update is available. There are two ways to update; with your SD card which is in the Kona already or to purchase the new one. The directions are provided on the site.

If you haven't registered you will be prompted to do so, by creating a new account.:smile: Make sure you have your VIN available. The navigation SD Card is located on the back of the display screen, middle just below the top on the second step. There is a little tab about an inch or so long with a slot. Remove it with a small screw driver with a piece of tape wrapped around the tip, to keep from scratching the little cover. If you can't find it I'll provide a photo.:wink:

https://www.mapnsoft.com/hyundai/mapcare/

Blessing and Peace

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Map update received from Mapnsoft. Will install this week.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey all,

I recently found this thread and was wondering if I need this up-date. I registered my 2018 Ultimate (which I bought in late October 2018) on the Canadian site for the up-date, inputted all the data then placed the order for the SD card....paid for it and then got a thank you for the order.

As I'm reviewing all this I noticed a tiny sentence in green saying "This vehicle is updated" .....has me wondering if I need to up-date the sd card??

Open to suggestions here........

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it simply shows that you have ordered and has been identified so you don't mistakenly order it again.

If you ordered the SD card and paid for it, then it will be sent to you directly. If you ordered the download, there was no charge and you utilize the instructions and your present SD Card in the Kona. You'll have to have Microsoft to download the update to the SD Card though. I have no idea what system you are running. I have both systems but don't like Microsoft for anything but using Excel and Office Tools. Your SD Card will come with instruction of how to install.

Blessings and Peace

Reactions: tarmitstead

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, it simply shows that you have ordered and has been identified so you don't mistakenly order it again.

If you ordered the SD card and paid for it, then it will be sent to you directly. If you ordered the download, there was no charge and you utilize the instructions and your present SD Card in the Kona. You'll have to have Microsoft to download the update to the SD Card though. I have no idea what system you are running. I have both systems but don't like Microsoft for anything but using Excel and Office Tools. Your SD Card will come with instruction of how to install.

Blessings and Peace
Thanks JR....I was hoping it meant that and not that my Kona is up to date and I wasted the $45.00!! This site is the best, thank you all for keeping us who don't know this stuff in the know!!!:grin:

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for posting this but 125DL is for the Sonata, 125S5 is for the Kona. I'm going to call Mapnsoft and see if there is any problems with the update. They are generally really good about correcting problems and know when there are problems with a specific unit.

My Genesis G80 is G125PDH again another update number that came out at the same time.

However, there are no crossovers in the data and the entire head unit is different from the Sonata.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks JR....I was hoping it meant that and not that my Kona is up to date and I wasted the $45.00!! This site is the best, thank you all for keeping us who don't know this stuff in the know!!!:grin:
Your welcome and thanks for Bebop for making note of the problem with the Sonata and his Kona. Let me call Mapnsoft first before you install. I haven't done it either quite yet but I have done so in my Genesis G80. Installed without any problems.

Blessings and Peace

Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
Don't do a self update. Take it to the dealer and let them do it. There might be an issue with the update. It bricked my head unit.

Waiting to hear from Hyundai as to what resolution for my dead head unit. The head unit is $3.5K.

I did a search: other Hyundai owners seem to have the same issue too.
Thanks buddy, I appreciate the input and I'm sorry about it bricking your head unit. I hope everything works out for you quickly.
Blessings and Peace.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bebop did you do the download or the SD Card update?

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've contacted Mapnsoft and waiting for a response.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for saying so Bebop!

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for posting this but 125DL is for the Sonata, 125S5 is for the Kona. I'm going to call Mapnsoft and see if there is any problems with the update. They are generally really good about correcting problems and know when there are problems with a specific unit.

My Genesis G80 is G125PDH again another update number that came out at the same time.

However, there are no crossovers in the data and the entire head unit is different from the Sonata.

Blessings and Peace
Morning JR, here's is the one they say is for our Kona....I ordered the new Card as I have read the download version of the up-date can be a problem. Once again thanks for all the help you offer on here!

Qty Price 2018 Kona Map Update 127S5 (Ver. 12.5)
SKU: 2018-KONA-12.5
VinKM8K5CA50JU173660 MediaSD Card 1CAD$0.00 SD Card
SKU: SD-CARD
1CAD$30.00 Subtotal CAD$30.00 Shipping & Handling CAD$13.50 Grand Total CAD$43.50

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your's is a different number probably due to being from Canada. Thank you for the update. Your welcome but wait to update until I've heard from Mapnsoft please. It may not effect your unit but as Bebop has stated there maybe a problem. Leave your old SD Map Card in.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your's is a different number probably due to being from Canada. Thank you for the update. Your welcome but wait to update until I've heard from Mapnsoft please. It may not effect your unit but as Bebop has stated there maybe a problem. Leave your old SD Map Card in.

Blessings and Peace
Yea....I noticed it was different, like you mentioned probably a Canadian thing...I'll wait and look forward to following up with you once you've heard back!

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good on you and cheers! We've already had one problem and he was kind enough to share it. Thank Bebop, I certainly hope they get you taken care of quickly.

As soon as I receive any feedback I'll post it here. I've already received a problem reference number and email from them.

Blessings and Peace

Reactions: tarmitstead

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok I just got off the phone with Hyundai Customer Service and reported the possible problem. The individual I spoke to was not aware of any issues at this time but she is elevating it to the executive technical staff on a trouble ticket. The customer service rep also, indicated this was the first time a ticket has been opened for this issue. I also spoke to Mapnsoft directly and they are not aware of any problems with the software.

Next move is to call our dealership and see if they have had any problems with the update. I'll keep you posted directly.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, nothing from the dealer service line manager as to a problem with the updates but I'm waiting on a call from the service manager direct. I'm waiting until we take it into Hyundai for the first service and letting them do it. We aren't that far away from the first. This way if it's a problem, then they'll know directly and deal with it.

I'm scheduling as appointment today or the latest tomorrow, so it will be the first part of next week.

Blessings and Peace

·
Super Moderator
477 Posts
Still no update from Hyundai. But I did get a reply from the map company.

That's an issue that happens once in a while. The file integrity check fails and locks the unit to protect it. I will ship out a USB to you with instructions on how to resolve the issue.
I would assume dealership would also have such tool/software available to them. That's why I went to the dealership first. I don't know if they used the USB recovery? After their diagnoses and was told the head unit fried.

Only radio works. Every time I start the car. The head unit tries to update itself but ultimately fails and defaults to an error screen.

I'll update when I received the USB.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts