Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An interesting thing happened to our 2018 Kona Ultimate today. My wife backed out of the driveway to run an errand and the Map Lights turned on and wouldn't shut off. Tried pushing the lenses in and out to shut them off, nothing changed. Exercised the toggle switch, nothing changed. Nothing showing on the dash indicating a problem. The lights stayed on for over 3 hours, making the lens very hot to the touch. Doors indicate when opened on the dash, one by one. The dealer said to pull a fuse or disconnect then neg battery cable. The workaround I found was that when you lock the car with the fob, the lights go out and stay out. So until I have time to waste taking it to the dealer to be diagnosed and repaired we'll use that workaround. Just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone else has this problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
An interesting thing happened to our 2018 Kona Ultimate today. My wife backed out of the driveway to run an errand and the Map Lights turned on and wouldn't shut off. Tried pushing the lenses in and out to shut them off, nothing changed. Exercised the toggle switch, nothing changed. Nothing showing on the dash indicating a problem. The lights stayed on for over 3 hours, making the lens very hot to the touch. Doors indicate when opened on the dash, one by one. The dealer said to pull a fuse or disconnect then neg battery cable. The workaround I found was that when you lock the car with the fob, the lights go out and stay out. So until I have time to waste taking it to the dealer to be diagnosed and repaired we'll use that workaround. Just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone else has this problem.
Had something similar in my 21 Kona a couple weeks ago. Started it with door open, map lights stayed on after door closed and wouldn't go off, pushed them multiple times, no change. Shut off car, got out, used fob, got back in, everything good since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts