Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any lowering springs that are available in the states? I don't want anything drastic just 3/4" - 1". I checked Eibach and H&R and neither of them show anything currently. I did find some for the AWD Kona on the German Eibach website and e-mailed Eibach USA about a week ago about them but still haven't received a response.

Here's a link to the German site if anyone is interested. They also list a set to lift it 20mm.

http://web2.carparts-cat.com/default.aspx?230=1&1271=48&1272=3776f3b6-cd18-4277-b799-8f870a032d9c&1273=1&36=0&35=2299&32=128292&34=0,2047566&14=1&10=3C937AB3B26E4579AD50D146C3539B5D279001&12=130

·
Super Moderator
264 Posts
Does anyone know of any lowering springs that are available in the states? I don't want anything drastic just 3/4" - 1". I checked Eibach and H&R and neither of them show anything currently. I did find some for the AWD Kona on the German Eibach website and e-mailed Eibach USA about a week ago about them but still haven't received a response.

Here's a link to the German site if anyone is interested. They also list a set to lift it 20mm.

http://web2.carparts-cat.com/default.aspx?230=1&1271=48&1272=3776f3b6-cd18-4277-b799-8f870a032d9c&1273=1&36=0&35=2299&32=128292&34=0,2047566&14=1&10=3C937AB3B26E4579AD50D146C3539B5D279001&12=130
292,50 € (342 USD) for both the lift kit and lowering kit.
Eibach Springs, Suspension and Stabilizer Bars for Hyundai - Fahrwerke24.de

I want to lift mine ever so slightly, that plus an alignment could work!
'

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
There isn't a vendor for them in the states that I've found. I keep looking but hasn't happened yet. Give it time and patients, it will happen.:smile:

·
Registered
600 Posts
The more people contact these name brand spring manufactures, the better chance and the faster we will be able to obtain them. So if you are looking to put in some lowering springs , call these companies JRKona posted. I will do my part and call.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Note - If you are unsure what is involved with lowering or raising this type of vehicle check with a local 4x4 shop or tuning shop. Anytime you lower no matter the amount you have have camber changes so a camber kit has to be installed also new sway bar end links and at this time no one makes them for Hyundai same goes for raising it as the center of gravity will change as I know from lifting my Outback only 1/2 inch and then also new end links.

If wanting to lower it coil overs are your best best but springs can work--https://geckoracingusa.com/collections/hyundai/products/g-street-coilover-for-17-up-hyundai-kona

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Note - If you are unsure what is involved with lowering or raising this type of vehicle check with a local 4x4 shop or tuning shop. Anytime you lower no matter the amount you have have camber changes so a camber kit has to be installed also new sway bar end links and at this time no one makes them for Hyundai same goes for raising it as the center of gravity will change as I know from lifting my Outback only 1/2 inch and then also new end links.

If wanting to lower it coil overs are your best best but springs can work--https://geckoracingusa.com/collections/hyundai/products/g-street-coilover-for-17-up-hyundai-kona
I've used the Eibach Pro Kit on many different vehicles, it doesn't lower them enough to the point of having alignment issues. Now my 2016 F-150 4x4 that I lowered 7" in the rear and 5" in the front, that took a bit of work to get the alignment acceptable...

I'm only wanting to lower it an inch, so the Pro Kit will be fine, I'll leave the coilovers for my race cars...

·
Registered
244 Posts
First coil overs are not for only "race cars" so many street cars you see on a daily basis I assume, that are lowered use coil overs or springs. This vehicle is not a Truck, it is a car based CUV of which lowering it even an inch you will zero clearance between the strut and tire then again you will have camber issues again if you have seen a stanced car with the wheels forced out. Again I cannot see why anyone would take out the functionality of this vehicle by lowering it but then you will find out how much you will come to regret it after it is all said and done again like many that make that mistake.

This comes from the high amount of shop owners I know and come from the JDM side.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hehe, thanks for the lecture "Dad".

In all seriousness, thanks for the concern. I'm well aware that coilovers aren't just for race cars, I'm just not wanting to spend 3x the cost of a Pro Kit for coilovers on a daily driver that isn't going to see anything other than street driving. I've used Eibach springs on countless vehicles (cars, wagons, trucks, suv's etc...) in the last 25 years (on my personal and for customers) and I've yet to see a single one that would not align to spec (caster, camber, and toe) because of an Eibach Pro Kit. They are TUV certified after all, which is more than good enough for me, and why they are one of the few brands that I have been using for many years and keep coming back to.

I don't know what you are doing with your Kona where lowering it an inch would take the functionality away from the vehicle, however for what I use mine for, this is definitely not the case...

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Yonson, factory suspension calculations and specifications are precise, and after-market upgrades slip into downgrades without correct planning.:smile: I believe you know, anytime you lower a vehicle it will require a caster, camber and toe-in adjustments for maximum tyre wear. It makes no difference if it's an inch or 7 inches.

Blessing and Peace

·
Registered
600 Posts
ONLY for the 1.6T AWD Kona.

Any interest in buying a set? I am trying to set up a dealer in the UK to import us the springs. I will be the first guinea pig and order the first set since I have installed many struts/springs myself for my Audi business. I want to have it that the buyer will use a Visa or some kind of payment to the UK speed shop that will be selling them to us and shipping them. So we don't get burned one a "big buy" of say 6 full sets. I do want to make it worth their effort on lining up sales for them so we ALL won't get a really bad inflated price for just a 'onesy" sale. It;s very very hard to bet Eibach quality, The springs will be their PRO-KIT that are 10% increase in spring rate but there will be a camber issue no matter who's springs we buy. That will have to fix on our own IF it is that bad. Think about it if you "are in" or not. USA Eibach said they have no interest in the Kona.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts