Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today while driving, my 2018 Ultimate Kona is making a low screeching/squeaking noise when accelerating past 55 MPH. Again, the volume’s pretty low. So much so that I have to roll down my window to hear it (the driver’s window; when I roll down the passenger window I can’t hear anything, so it seems like something on the left side of the car). My guess is it‘s a belt (don’t know which one), but that’d be weird because she only has 11K miles on her. Any other guesses/thoughts? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
671 Posts
I noticed today while driving, my 2018 Ultimate Kona is making a low screeching/squeaking noise when accelerating past 55 MPH. Again, the volume’s pretty low. So much so that I have to roll down my window to hear it (the driver’s window; when I roll down the passenger window I can’t hear anything, so it seems like something on the left side of the car). My guess is it‘s a belt (don’t know which one), but that’d be weird because she only has 11K miles on her. Any other guesses/thoughts? Thanks guys!
Belt is on passenger side. Take a piece of tape, and block the seam on your driverside mirror where the mirror folds. Sometimes at higher speeds, air passing through that thin opening produces an annoying whistle. I fixed mine almost a 1.5 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
1,182 Posts
I doubt you’re having A belt issue.. and it Sounds speed dependent, not engine RPM’s
either a wind leak maybe.. or maybe you’re hearing the DC to DC converter which is a high pitch noise coming under the hood toward the firewall.. ?? Sometimes louder than others..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts