Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am new to Kona. Just picked up my 2020 Ultimate last sat. I was looking for the screen that shows my tire pressure but cannot find it anywhere. I even watched a YouTube video but mine looked different. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong. On my Chrysler it was a one button press on my steering wheel. What am I missing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep you were right. The you tube video must have been a Kona in a different country. The Kona Ultimate does not seem to have it on lcd. I did pull out the 8lb manual and it is no where in there. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. Have gone through all the menus and it is not there. Nor is it in the Canadian manual. I notice your vehicle is not from Canada. Thanks for the picture. I was starting to think I had imagined it lol.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yep. Have gone through all the menus and it is not there. Nor is it in the Canadian manual. I notice your vehicle is not from Canada. Thanks for the picture. I was starting to think I had imagined it lol.
Thanks for the update, filed it for the future, if I can remember where :unsure:

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
326 Posts
Yes the Canadian models do not have TPMS as it's not a regulation here.
I found this out the hard way when I drove for 1km on a flat and had to pay to replace all 4 tires :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
On my 2020 Kona Limited, while the speed page is displayed between the speedometer and the tachometer, on the right side of the steering wheel controls, hitting the left button down once displays the TPMS info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my 2020 Kona Limited, while the speed page is displayed between the speedometer and the tachometer, on the right side of the steering wheel controls, hitting the left button down once displays the TPMS info.
Yep. Are you in the states? In Canada because it's not required it was not included. I am not sure about older models but on my 2020 Ultimate it is not there. I know some people don't like them but I found it useful on my Chrysler 200. Oh well maybe next time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep. Are you in the states? In Canada because it's not required it was not included. I am not sure about older models but on my 2020 Ultimate it is not there. I know some people don't like them but I found it useful on my Chrysler 200. Oh well maybe next time.
The U.S. Kona Ultimate has TPMS (tire pressure monitoring) visible in the dashboard center screen but only while the vehicle is in motion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you. I had heard that as well but in Canada they don't put it in at all.
On my Canadian Ultimate it's one down from Lane Keep Assist, but you need to be driving to get a measurement. - Sorry, may be unrelated as I'm 2020 EV Ultimate

Car Vehicle Speedometer Auto part Odometer

·
Registered
2020 Kona Ultimate AWD 1.6T
5 Posts
The U.S. Kona Ultimate has TPMS (tire pressure monitoring) visible in the dashboard center screen but only while the vehicle is in motion.
Which menu screen? I'm having the same trouble finding it as well. I have a Kona Ultimate (US) version and the owner's manual really isn't much help. The menus I have are trip, assist, and user (not including warning menu).

Edit: never mind I found it, I’m an idiot...

·
Administrator
608 Posts
Yep you were right. The you tube video must have been a Kona in a different country. The Kona Ultimate does not seem to have it on lcd. I did pull out the 8lb manual and it is no where in there. Thanks for your help.
Get yourself the pdf version.

It seems TPMS in on the None EV version of Kona.

USA manual:

Canadian manual:
Text Font Line

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Get yourself the pdf version.

It seems TPMS in on the None EV version of Kona.

USA manual:
View attachment 4094
Canadian manual: View attachment 4095
Thank you for the link. I will download that right away. I guess in Canada since it's not required to have it they could save a few bucks and not put it in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 Kona EV Ultimate (U.S.) and can't find the TPMS readout anywhere, despite consulting the owner's manual and watching relevant videos. Does anyone else have this particular model and know how to check the tire pressures?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts