Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I don't know how the correct term. In a car where you start the engine with the key, you can put the ignition in a position where you can listen to music without the car on.

In the Kona, I hit the start button once - no brake- and it stays on for let's say for 3 mins before wanting to automatically shut off. Suggestions on how j can do this?

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Hit the button again without touching the brake, otherwise hit the button once then again without your foot on the brake. Tis puts the Kona in accessory mode.:smile:

Blessings and Peace

Reactions: Wheat

·
Registered
1 Posts
So every 3 minutes I have to push start without brake push.Thanks.
On the same token , when engine is off, will cig lighter have power to use for any device? I use my SD reader ( with converter) using Anker hub or sometimes my USB External device where I can listen to Mp3 Music file.

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Kona
79 Posts
Hi all! I don't know how the correct term. In a car where you start the engine with the key, you can put the ignition in a position where you can listen to music without the car on.

In the Kona, I hit the start button once - no brake- and it stays on for let's say for 3 mins before wanting to automatically shut off. Suggestions on how j can do this?
When you press the Start Engine button once it will go to Accessories, (Radio will play) press it again and it will on the On position (all lights come on in dash) which is what you do not want unless you are going to start the engine. You will get a message form time to time telling you to start the engine as leaving it on Accessory too long will deplete you battery. This message is normal and unless you are leaving it on Accessories for too long or in extremely cold weather, I would not worry about it. It works the same way as a car with a key ignition.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I use the "push the start button 2 times with foot OFF OF the brake" all the time.
I then turn the ac off, auto headlights off if needed. Get the tablet out, set back and enjoy.

Radio plays a long time ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wish the car would display which position it's in. I'm not used to keyless yet and I spend a lot of time cycling through the button presses. I'll get it eventually. And learn to turn the car off before I get out. lol. With key's, it's pretty simple after 30+ years of driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts