Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I came across a little debate with my friend. I bought a Lime Twist Kona in October (badass car btw ? ) And when I was researching it, the car always looked yellow in all advertisements. When I found it in person, theres definitely a strong green tint to it that I couldn't see in advertisements. Initially I didn't like it but it grew on me quickly over 10 minutes. So even to this day, I clearly see a green tint but I've always felt that it's a yellow base and that yellow is still the primary color but my buddy says it's always been green. My family says they see yellow but other random people say green. I'm not sure if I have a color bias or what. Anyone shed any light on what they think? Anyone here an expert on car paints?

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
768 Posts
Hi everyone. I came across a little debate with my friend. I bought a Lime Twist Kona in October (badass car btw ? ) And when I was researching it, the car always looked yellow in all advertisements. When I found it in person, theres definitely a strong green tint to it that I couldn't see in advertisements. Initially I didn't like it but it grew on me quickly over 10 minutes. So even to this day, I clearly see a green tint but I've always felt that it's a yellow base and that yellow is still the primary color but my buddy says it's always been green. My family says they see yellow but other random people say green. I'm not sure if I have a color bias or what. Anyone shed any light on what they think? Anyone here an expert on car paints?

What is your paint code? When i get to work tomorrow, i can pull up the formula, and can post it here.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
768 Posts
The code is W9Y. Thank you for researching

We carry 2 brands of paint here, Valspar and Matrix. Both automotive paints. The Valspar shows an undercoat and a base coat. The undercoat is to get a better color match for their own product. Matrix uses just a base coat. Both require a clear coat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh wow, that is honestly fascinating. So it's not as simple as, yellow base with a green tint. They blend in different amounts of blacks, reds, whites and weird blends of color to reach the intended target. Both companies seem to go their own route to the same destination of acid yellow. So to reach my answer, based off of Valspar, I'd have to say that 57% of the color is both green and yellow due to the 56.9 of green/gold. From Matrix, if the name is anything to go off of, its also both green and yellow from Olive Green and Phthalo Green which says Yellow Shade. Or maybe my friend is right and it's just more green lol. I really thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I came across a little debate with my friend. I bought a Lime Twist Kona in October (badass car btw ? ) And when I was researching it, the car always looked yellow in

all advertisements. When I found it in person, theres definitely a strong green tint to it that I couldn't see in advertisements. Initially I didn't like it but it grew on me quickly over 10 minutes. So even to this day, I clearly see a green tint but I've always felt that it's a yellow base and that yellow is still the primary color but my buddy says it's always been green. My family says they see yellow but other random people say green. I'm not sure if I have a color bias or what. Anyone shed any light on what they think? Anyone here an expert on car paints?

Is it Lime Twist or Lemon Twist. Also the color names are out of control. Galaxy gray? Seriously

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.