Hyundai Kona Forum banner

Lifted Kona

51K views 82 replies 31 participants last post by  NBer68 
#1 ·
I’ve been making some changes to my 2020 Kona Ultimate AWD. Just wanted to share some pics.

See less See more
#30 ·
Does the Eibach kit work on the AWD rear suspension? I wonder if it could be combined with a 1" space to get 2" lift, plus maybe an inch from the tires.

Been wanting to do this since I saw the Sema Rock Star Kona. Local dealer if offering free AWD ($2k) and $2k in incentives on a 2021 base model. Off the lot and after 13% tax, its around $24k Cdn. I'm considering getting a Kona for myself in addition to my wife's 2020!

#32 ·
Does the Eibach kit work on the AWD rear suspension? I wonder if it could be combined with a 1" space to get 2" lift, plus maybe an inch from the tires.

Been wanting to do this since I saw the Sema Rock Star Kona. Local dealer if offering free AWD ($2k) and $2k in incentives on a 2021 base model. Off the lot and after 13% tax, its around $24k Cdn. I'm considering getting a Kona for myself in addition to my wife's 2020!
The Eibach kit worked great with my AWD.

#50 ·
entire build of my 18 kona se awd so far...
yokohama geolander a/t 215/60r16... +.250"
truxxx 2" lift pucks... +2"
eibach prolift 20mm spring set.... +.750"ish
yellow speed racing pro coilovers... +0"
all said +3" lift with plenty of room for bigger tires next go around...
parts are becoming more readily available!!!

#53 ·
I just ordered the truxx 2” kit last week and have been thinking about doing springs as well. How’s the handling after that combo? Also how much space left in your wheel well. I was thinking of going 215/65/16. I wanted bigger but afraid of the rub.

#52 ·
still building atm. dial in coilovers offroad. i originally got the 215/60r16 yokohama geolander g015s because it was all that would fit. now i just got all the lifts and suspension going in. ill dial it in tearing across the pits at like 60mph and if anything brakes, ill then know lol. but will definately accomidate a 205/75r16 or so if i dont change rim size... i wont need tires till next year though, these yokos are amazing!!!...

#60 ·
I've been wrenching and trying different combos so far. I think I'm going to give up a lil ground clearance in the end though. I had stock suspension with a 215/60r16 tire with zero rub at all. I put eibach pro lift springs on stock struts with a 2" lift spacer. gave me almost 3" lift with some added body roll and tons of room for id guess a 215/75r16 no prob... I opted to loose the eibachs and stock shock and ordered a set of yellow speed racing coilovers, they've been backorder and ship out today. I think I'm giving up about .750 of an inch on the springs for a fully adjustable suspension... running a 215/60r16, a 2" lift puck and yellow coilovers i should be around a max of 8.95" max ground clearance or about stock crosstrek height... I'll have before and after pics posting and any install tips when I'm done, it all settles and gets dialed in n aligned inna few weeks.
Where did you find the coil overs? Looking forward to those pictures.