Hyundai Kona Forum banner

Lifted Kona

51K views 82 replies 31 participants last post by  NBer68 
#1 ·
I’ve been making some changes to my 2020 Kona Ultimate AWD. Just wanted to share some pics.

See less See more
#64 ·
Hi everyone.
I am a 2021 Kona 1.6T AWD owner. only got 2k miles on it.
I live in a place with a very bad roads. almost off-road / mountain, old asphalt with extremely uneven surface.
I had no probs driving such roads on my previous car (hatchback). but when I tried it first time on Kona - I was upset. I got front suspension hit the body with very scary sound, at the same speed as I would drive my prev car. after examining I noticed that front springs had marks of compression so that loops touch each other.
after some analysis I noticed that my car looks like front is much lower that the back. I then googled random Kona images and noticed that randomly some cars looks exactly as mine, with significantly lowered front, but some look like "normal car", where bottom of car body is parallel to the ground.
I then found hyundai parts website and it gave me at least 4 different front spring SKUs for 1.6T Kona.
so my understanding is that factory picked different springs based on something like country etc.

my first question is - does anyone experience same problem with lowered front because of obviously weak front springs?

my second question is -
seems like the only guaranteed option to avoid full front suspension compression on poor roads would be Eibach lift springs. it is because there is no way to pick OEM springs that will be longer than mine, simply because no length/stiffness data available online.

so what bothers me - if I put Eibach lift springs and keep everything else stock (incl rims etc) - what should I expect?
I am afraid to get too stiff car, that will not have the problem that I have now, but will be too harsh on daily rides.

#75 ·
Merci d'avoir posté ces photos. Je n'ai trouvé aucun kit de levage Eibach installé en ligne, vous m'avez fait appuyer sur la gâchette ! Quelles sont les spécifications des roues ? Utiliser des entretoises ? Cette position est badass.
[/DEVIS]