Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pics of the upgrades I have done to my kona. I wrapped the roof in matte black, install a custom spoiler, did a whole exterior lighting system controlled by Bluetooth app, and painted the wheels to match the lighting system. Also pictured is my muffler delete with matte black exhaust tip. Not pictured upgrades is interior foot well lights and a 10 inch preamped subwoofer in the trunk. The exterior lights power is controlled by a switch installed into a hole drilled through the cover of the driver side fuse panel.
IMG_20190817_230452_371.jpg 20190817_225924.jpg 20190806_201301.jpg IMG_20190731_192830_667.jpg 20190810_173858.jpg

still to come is a custom wide body, kit bigger rims/wheels, and coilovers

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! You have done quite a bit to your Kona. Looking good!
How’s the sound without muffler for everyday use ?

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
694 Posts
Welcome, Though not a fan of the spoiler on top of the OE spoiler, good work on the rest of it. Personally, a hatch mounted spoiler would have been a better choice, for a couple of reasons. 1) actual aerodynamic usage, 2) structurally stronger, 3) more aggressive styling.

Examples:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, Though not a fan of the spoiler on top of the OE spoiler, good work on the rest of it. Personally, a hatch mounted spoiler would have been a better choice, for a couple of reasons. 1) actual aerodynamic usage, 2) structurally stronger, 3) more aggressive styling.

Examples:
I agree on the hatch mounted spoiler just didn't have the funds for one. one I do I will take the spoiler off and fill the holes used to mount it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i bought it in a shop by me that had used parts and a little of both since i have tye mufflee delete it helps keeps the back of the car down which is significantly lightee due to the size of the muffler

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
694 Posts
But I did the muffler delete on my turbo and it doesn't make that drastic of a weight difference, and our kona arn' t rear wheel drive :unsure:

Muffler shouldn't be heavy at all, its thin steel, packed with fiberglass, its mostly hollow. Weight isn't the issue with removing the muffler, its the airflow under the vehicle. With the muffler gone, more air gets trapped behind the bumper giving a parachute effect, thus a tad slower due to drag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! I’m curious where you ended up mounting and wiring the underglow? I’m not seeing a whole lot of options to bring the wires easily into the cabin unless I drill a hole through

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey! I’m curious where you ended up mounting and wiring the underglow? I’m not seeing a whole lot of options to bring the wires easily into the cabin unless I drill a hole through
Connect it all to a wireless adapter that you can control via remote in the cabin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I was wondering what kind of underglow kit did you buy for your car. We have the same exact one and I was underglow lights but ones that can change colors or atleast a option where it’s multi colors.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi I was wondering what kind of underglow kit did you buy for your car. We have the same exact one and I was underglow lights but ones that can change colors or atleast a option where it’s multi colors.

All sorts of options out there, at all sorts of price points. Give THIS a click.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts