Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are yours aimed straight or toward the left (driver) side? I found the adjustments for moving the lights up and down but not left or right.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Are yours aimed straight or toward the left (driver) side? I found the adjustments for moving the lights up and down but not left or right.
I saw the same thing, usually no adjustments for left or right. Mine seem to have a dead spot in the middle after the few times able to drive at night. That is just how they are set per car maker not a real world design. Also LED vs HID have a different dispersal pattern that is why HID is still leaps and bounds in light output. Hopefully with the LED fogs going I will get a better side to side pattern to fill in the gap.

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, right now HID is better for single projector and brighter. LEDs seem to work better if there are used in a group of 3-4 small projectors in a row.

Maybe the center placement of the fogs? They dont provide much side coverage as my last car. The fogs on those were closer to the corners.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Adjustment - down, up, left & right.

There's an oval shaped 'cup' on a post at the top and at the back of the headlight housing or box with a divider between 2 screws in the bottom of the cup. On the curve of the cup in one half is a 'D' and 'U' with a directional arrow, and in the other half is 'R' and 'L' with the arrow.

Some where else I read said one turn made negligible difference and it needed about 4 turns to see a difference.
I haven't done mine yet but I will in the next couple of nights.
The Kona halogen lights are crap so I've put in the Philips Xtreme vision +130% which gives much better light and distance but I'll lower them just a bit to get extra brightness on the road.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
The LEDs are still an evolving technology, and relatively new to the auto world..
The Kona’s LED’s were modified in June 2018 builds and after.. They were upgraded and
Setup differently.. HID’s seem to throw a brighter light... but I see more details with the LED lights..
Maybe due to color temp.. I also agree that the pattern is not filled in uniformly with light..
Maybe the next iteration of LED’s will be the ones to have... but nope.. they have to keep
Us coming back buying new cars for these upgrades..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Driving Adjustment

Hi can anyone tell me how to adjust the driving lights on the Kona Hylander Both Vertically and Horizontal.
Maybe a video is anyone has one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts