Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm about 1 minute new to this website lol. I just got a 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate. I love it! The only thing that throws it off a-little are the fog lights. Not sure why they put white fog lights with HID headlights. But I want to change the white fog lights to LED fog lights. Does anyone have a tutorial on how to do this? Is it easy? Do I have to take off the entire bumper to get to the fog lights? Or should I just bring it to a electronics shop and have them do it? Thank you in advance for your responses!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Greetings and Welcome

The "Search Community" feature located close to the top of this pg is really easy to use.
Lots of threads search for "fog lights" or "led".
Here's 1 I like
A word of caution, check your owners manual for the correct bulb before ordering.
I don't have the H11's mentioned in post #69, my opinion,Too BRIGHT, I have these with resistors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greetings and Welcome

The "Search Community" feature located close to the top of this pg is really easy to use.
Lots of threads search for "fog lights" or "led".
Here's 1 I like
A word of caution, check your owners manual for the correct bulb before ordering.
I don't have the H11's mentioned in post #69, my opinion,Too BRIGHT, I have these with resistors.
thank you! Now I just need to find a turorial on how to do it lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
Here's my attempt at a tutorial.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's my attempt at a tutorial.
Thank you! do you think the bulb size is the same for 2020? H8/H11?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked the 2020 owners manual you can download it here.

Sec 8 pg 3 says 2020`s use H8.
Ok thanks. I was just thinking.... it’s not even worth getting the fog lights done.... every time I turn, the fog lights turn off and that turning light turns on, then the fog lights come back on after the turn. Unless there’s a way to turn that turning light off?

·
Registered
319 Posts
The turning bulbs are the easiest bulb to change on the kona.
I put some really bright ones in or you could take them out and leave them out, not on the can-bus.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The turning bulbs are the easiest bulb to change on the kona.
I put some really bright ones in or you could take them out and leave them out, not on the can-bus.
Do you know what size the turning bulbs are? Are they H8 as well? Might put LED for those as well

·
Registered
319 Posts
Our 18 limited has H7, ...as always "check yours before ordering"
Here are the ones we have, careful what you order first set i ordered wouldn't fit, bulb a little big.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our 18 limited has H7, ...as always "check yours before ordering"
Here are the ones we have, careful what you order first set i ordered wouldn't fit, bulb a little big.
Ok thanks. You think if I take the bulbs out, when I turn the fog lights won’t go off? Or should I take out the fuse for the turning lights? Or is there a option for them in the ‘secret menu’?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Careful with the fuse, it might control other things.

Removing the turn assist bulbs will not effect the fog lights.
Take them out, you probably won't be able to tell they're gone.

·
Super Moderator
526 Posts
You might get a warning about a burnt-out bulb. If the car's system is not detecting power to them. The fogs turning off is probably triggered by the turn signal on the stalk.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
there has to be a way to do this. I know the turning lights are a safety feature but for the fog lights to go off when you turn is pretty stupid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts