Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Would you provide a source and link for them, please?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have asked this before and maybe it was even you who answered, but access to this set of light seems tough --it was suggested to go under and up from the bumper --still couldn't figure it out (??)

Any thought to LED turn lights - or is the low resistance on flashers an issue?

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
I have asked this before and maybe it was even you who answered, but access to this set of light seems tough --it was suggested to go under and up from the bumper --still couldn't figure it out (??)

Actually no I don't believe so. The Ultimate has LED tail and head lights. Fogs are another story. Haven' been to this point yet.:smile: Yes it's better to go under the skid panel as far as I can see. Ask pnwkona he's already been there.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
JDM Astars 1156 Backups (7506) no need for a warning light as these are not ohm specific.

1st picture is driver side
2nd - passenger side in yellow you can see the back up light, Note- you have to maneuver in this small space and use 2 hands one on both sides of the bumper brace to get the bulb out
3rd- remove this to get access to this side as the exhaust tip makes the space smaller the other side you do not have this piece.

This can all be reached on your back or a lift as you look up they designed the cargo area away from the bumper cover.

Led Fogs since mine has Led headlight high and low combo and led DRL I found out that after installing these they do not need a voltage canceler using the LumaWerx brand. Basically the higher cost brands are designed with this built in, this would not apply to the SE/SEL model.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the details -- a bit beyond what I would want to undertake. But my interest in access really was so I could replace a rear turn signal bulb if necessary -- unfortunately not simple at all --- don't know why manufacturers make this so tough. At least the tail/brake lights higher up are LED (on mine - Ultimate) and shouldn't need replacing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually no I don't believe so. The Ultimate has LED tail and head lights. Fogs are another story. Haven' been to this point yet.:smile: Yes it's better to go under the skid panel as far as I can see. Ask pnwkona he's already been there.
The turns would require a LED flasher, so finding the right one being the number on the flasher and location of said oem flasher which I assume like most cars is under the steering wheel.

Most flashers are made to fit a numerous amount of cars so knowing the number and pin amount. It would be not be Kona specific but Hyundai and at least for 2 years or newer in age.

·
Registered
16 Posts

I replaced the backup lights with LED's and can confirm that the only way to do this is to go from under the bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts