Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ! 馃榿

Good news ! Lasfit resigned the SPECIAL ADAPTER for their H7 HK-6N LED bulb for the Hyundai Kona !

They will now fit the HIGH BEAMS with no problem & are more secure/tight fit than the same bulbs with the OLDER SPECIAL ADAPTER 馃榿

And if anyone has had any problem of a SLIGHT LOSE FIT on the LOW BEAMS from these bulbs with the old special adapters, the new special adapters will take that problem away for you 馃榿

The H7 HK-6N LED bulb with the new special adapter will fit both HIGH & LOW BEAMS. Remember to plug the bulb in first, then push in the oem plug & wiring into the housing 1st then install the bulb. And yes the wiring with the OEM plug will go into the housing & you can put the dust cap back on with no problem.

And these bulbs are CANBUS READY & ERROR FREE for the KONA. No need to buy an extra decoder/resistor.

Can be bought from Lasfit for 100 bucks, Ebay for 90 bucks.

I will post pics of the BEFORE & AFTER changing from the bad oem halogens to these new LED bulbs, when I get a chance.

Very nice beam pattern & clear & bright white light !

Hope this helps everyone !? 馃榿

Registered
So maybe that explains why I had such a difficult time installing the older ones for my high beams? Any feedback on whether the new ones are brighter or better focussed, or is it purely the adaptor collar that has changed?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Rcheli32,

Well one big pain is the windshield washer bottle is in the way of the highbeam on the passenger side.

I took my Kona to the Hyundai Garage & they did it for me. They had to take the bumper cover off & remove the headlight. Cost me 100 bucks. I figured let them have the headaches.

Keep in mind when you do the High Beams yourself, that is if you take the bumper cover off & headlight assembly out, that when you install the bulb or if the garage does it, make sure your LED's on the bulbs face in the 3 o'clock & 9 o'clock position. This is a must for you to get correct beam pattern from your Highbeams.

Same applies to your LOW beams. The projector beam housing, you will have to make sure your LED's face the same way as the High Beams.

The Lasfit H7 HK-6N LED'S are quite bright. Nice & clear white light. I haven't had any problems at all seeing with either high or low beams.

The new designed special adapter is more sturdy & so much easier to work with. And made of metal, not plastic like the 1st one (the older black plastic one).

You can check them out on Lasfit's site

Registered
Rcheli32,

Well one big pain is the windshield washer bottle is in the way of the highbeam on the passenger side.

I took my Kona to the Hyundai Garage & they did it for me. They had to take the bumper cover off & remove the headlight. Cost me 100 bucks. I figured let them have the headaches.

Keep in mind when you do the High Beams yourself, that is if you take the bumper cover off & headlight assembly out, that when you install the bulb or if the garage does it, make sure your LED's on the bulbs face in the 3 o'clock & 9 o'clock position. This is a must for you to get correct beam pattern from your Highbeams.

Same applies to your LOW beams. The projector beam housing, you will have to make sure your LED's face the same way as the High Beams.

The Lasfit H7 HK-6N LED'S are quite bright. Nice & clear white light. I haven't had any problems at all seeing with either high or low beams.

The new designed special adapter is more sturdy & so much easier to work with. And made of metal, not plastic like the 1st one (the older black plastic one).

thats not bad.. i would pay 100 for them to do it. didn't know they would even install after market parts for you
just gotta hope they put them in/facing the right way

Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Kona
I don't know if the Kona in the U.S. has this but on the 2020 in Canada there are small pop out doors in the fender liner that you can remove that give you somewhat of an easier access to the bulbs. I ended up changing the Low Beams bulbs for the same type but a higher Kelvin. I find the high beams sufficient.

Registered
Rcheli32,

Yep that side is frustrating. I did mine without removing anything, but it took a lot of patience. Once in place I did adjust mine at night to get the optimal pattern (high beam only) which you can do while they are installed and on because they adjust within the collar. For anyone wanting to know I did share an overview on FB with photos on what I did to install with the washer bottle still in place.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I'd like to see those pics ! 馃榿 I did hear that a few others were able to get in there, but was a pain. And they said they had a small hand. I'm 6'4" & 310 lbs. My hand isn't getting in that small space for sure.
My mechanic did the work. I figured let them have the hassle. Lol! But surprisingly he had it done in about 40 min. 馃榿

Registered
Hello everyone ! 馃榿

Good news ! Lasfit resigned the SPECIAL ADAPTER for their H7 HK-6N LED bulb for the Hyundai Kona !

They will now fit the HIGH BEAMS with no problem & are more secure/tight fit than the same bulbs with the OLDER SPECIAL ADAPTER 馃榿

And if anyone has had any problem of a SLIGHT LOSE FIT on the LOW BEAMS from these bulbs with the old special adapters, the new special adapters will take that problem away for you 馃榿

The H7 HK-6N LED bulb with the new special adapter will fit both HIGH & LOW BEAMS. Remember to plug the bulb in first, then push in the oem plug & wiring into the housing 1st then install the bulb. And yes the wiring with the OEM plug will go into the housing & you can put the dust cap back on with no problem.

And these bulbs are CANBUS READY & ERROR FREE for the KONA. No need to buy an extra decoder/resistor.

Can be bought from Lasfit for 100 bucks, Ebay for 90 bucks.

I will post pics of the BEFORE & AFTER changing from the bad oem halogens to these new LED bulbs, when I get a chance.

Very nice beam pattern & clear & bright white light !

Hope this helps everyone !? 馃榿
Can you share the ebay link for these lasfit h7. I am in canada and I cannot get them to ship to me from their website directly . Ebay is the only way to go for me, but I cannot find them.

thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #9

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Well folks, I finally got my LOW BEAMS installed today on my 2018 Kona SEL.

These are the LASFIT H7 HK-6N, with the NEW UPDATED ADAPTER I mentioned not too long ago.

HIGH & LOW BEAMS were both installed without any mods done to the dust cap or any wires or sockets. These bulbs are also Canbus Ready & Error Free. I used them thoroughly & NO DASH ERRORS or problems.

Please see the pics of my before and after. Nice bright & white , clear light.

First pic is my old halogen
and then the others you will be able to see, light cut off, high & low beam at night.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
So maybe that explains why I had such a difficult time installing the older ones for my high beams? Any feedback on whether the new ones are brighter or better focussed, or is it purely the adaptor collar that has changed?

See my newest post with pics. These bulbs are exellent.!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts