Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer 2019

At 89,000 miles, I was in the beginning phase of looking for my next car and was looking at a newer version of my current car (Kia Forte) or the Kia Niro. We all know that Kia & Hyundai are car cousins, so I was comparing models between the two manufacturers when a popup on the Hyundai website mentioned that you could get $50 for test driving any new car.

Seeing that I was already going to want to test drive a few vehicles, I thought why not get paid to do something that I was already going to do. That is when I noticed that there was an Iron Man edition of the Kona...Iron Man, my favorite superhero for over 45 years. So I test drove the 2019 Kona Iron Man Edition AWD and got paid $50 within a week of driving it. After that test drive, I knew that the Kona was on the short list of vehicles that I wanted.

Both my wife and I are disabled and she was having a tough time getting into my Forte, so between that and how I did not like the restyling of the newer ones, I pushed that one off my list. I needed a vehicle that sat higher and was easier for my wife to get into, but I didn't want an SUV, so that narrowed it down to the Kona and the Subaru Crosstrek. Now it was just a matter of finding a good deal on a quality used, low mileage vehicle. The Iron Man Edition was nice, but too expensive for a car without a sunroof. After a few weeks of searching, I found a 2018 Hyundai Kona Ltd AWD that was close by, had only 12k miles and was in my price range after beating down the price.

I love this car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Glad to hear you received your $50 gift card. I test drove...turned in paperwork, but never received the gift card even after purchasing a 2020 Kona Ultimate...Customer service at the dealership I purchased from leaves MUCH to be desired...to say the least. ? ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Summer 2019

At 89,000 miles, I was in the beginning phase of looking for my next car and was looking at a newer version of my current car (Kia Forte) or the Kia Niro. We all know that Kia & Hyundai are car cousins, so I was comparing models between the two manufacturers when a popup on the Hyundai website mentioned that you could get $50 for test driving any new car.

Seeing that I was already going to want to test drive a few vehicles, I thought why not get paid to do something that I was already going to do. That is when I noticed that there was an Iron Man edition of the Kona...Iron Man, my favorite superhero for over 45 years. So I test drove the 2019 Kona Iron Man Edition AWD and got paid $50 within a week of driving it. After that test drive, I knew that the Kona was on the short list of vehicles that I wanted.

Both my wife and I are disabled and she was having a tough time getting into my Forte, so between that and how I did not like the restyling of the newer ones, I pushed that one off my list. I needed a vehicle that sat higher and was easier for my wife to get into, but I didn't want an SUV, so that narrowed it down to the Kona and the Subaru Crosstrek. Now it was just a matter of finding a good deal on a quality used, low mileage vehicle. The Iron Man Edition was nice, but too expensive for a car without a sunroof. After a few weeks of searching, I found a 2018 Hyundai Kona Ltd AWD that was close by, had only 12k miles and was in my price range after beating down the price.

I love this car.

View attachment 3475
Summer 2019

I love this car.

View attachment 3475
Same thing here. Just got ours two weeks ago Thursday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts