Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to build one on the website I noticed a severe lack of accessories you could add, like remote start, side window deflectors, all weather floor liners.
I know this is the first model year, but do we know if hyundai will have these? I assume places like weathertech will have them, it just takes time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I went to build one on the website I noticed a severe lack of accessories you could add, like remote start, side window deflectors, all weather floor liners.
I know this is the first model year, but do we know if hyundai will have these? I assume places like weathertech will have them, it just takes time.
A website called HyundaiShop has both OEM and aftermarket rain guards for Kona windows, which I will probably order before long. I haven't had any experience with this company, so I can't vouch for them.

At least a month ago, I signed up for an email notice from WeatherTech to let me know when Kona floor liners become available, but haven't recieved a notice yet. When I bought my '04 Titan two months after that new model had hit showrooms, WeatherTech had the floor liners ready, and they were sitting at my door as I arrived home from the dealership with my new truck! I wish it could be the same way this time, but no way!

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
All the accessories are available thru your dealer. Or I would suggest you shop around. Go to the http://hyundaishop.com/ and you'll get better pricing. I've dealt with the hyundaishop.com on several occasions. They are a straight forward OEM accessory dealer. I had a problem with a damaged shipment from UPS and the quickly remedied the problem. They are dependable and their prices are about as good as you're going to get. Also shop on eBay for accessories. The alloy pedals were only $19.95 w/free shipping, which were about $50.00 cheaper than anyone was offering.

Make sure if you opt for the window deflectors, you purchase the more expensive units. I believe they are normally $250 but the hyundaishop sells them for $194. They're actual Hyundai units which are very well made and are held on with metal brackets and adhesive. The lower priced units are aftermarket and are held on by only adhesive strips only.

Stand by, there will be plenty of aftermarket accessories available for the Kona. It's popularity is vast and this is were the aftermarket vendors come in. Just be patient, I assure you there will be plenty. Ebay already has plenty on hand. Just do a search for the Kona and check the worldwide block in the left side.

You really don't need the "remote start," as it is available on the Blue Link app you can download to you phone. Blue Link comes with your purchase for three years free. Go to the app store for your phone Android or Apple and download it. You have to register and voila' you have remote start, unlock doors and much more. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myhyundai-with-blue-link/id893514610?mt=8

Cheers & Mahalo!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the accessories are available thru your dealer. Or I would suggest you shop around. Go to the Hyundai Shop | Hyundai Accessories, Hyundai Parts, and Hyundai Merchandise and you'll get better pricing. I've dealt with the hyundaishop.com on several occasions. They are a straight forward OEM accessory dealer. I had a problem with a damaged shipment from UPS and the quickly remedied the problem. They are dependable and their prices are about as good as you're going to get. Also shop on eBay for accessories. The alloy pedals were only $19.95 w/free shipping, which were about $50.00 cheaper than anyone was offering.

Make sure if you opt for the window deflectors, you purchase the more expensive units. I believe they are normally $250 but the hyundaishop sells them for $194. They're actual Hyundai units which are very well made and are held on with metal brackets and adhesive. The lower priced units are aftermarket and are held on by only adhesive strips only.

Stand by, there will be plenty of aftermarket accessories available for the Kona. It's popularity is vast and this is were the aftermarket vendors come in. Just be patient, I assure you there will be plenty. Ebay already has plenty on hand. Just do a search for the Kona and check the worldwide block in the left side.

You really don't need the "remote start," as it is available on the Blue Link app you can download to you phone. Blue Link comes with your purchase for three years free. Go to the app store for your phone Android or Apple and download it. You have to register and voila' you have remote start, unlock doors and much more. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/myhyundai-with-blue-link/id893514610?mt=8

Cheers & Mahalo!
The bluelink stuff only works if your kona came with it I assume?

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
The bluelink stuff only works if your kona came with it I assume?
All Kona's come with 3 year Blue Link service I believe. I could be wrong but I believe all models are Blue Link capable. Check your apps and on your rearview mirror. There should be a Blue Link app & button if you have the it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All Kona's come with 3 year Blue Link service I believe. I could be wrong but I believe all models are Blue Link capable. Check your apps and on your rearview mirror. There should be a Blue Link app & button if you have the it.
If I pull it up on the website, it looks like the ultimate trim has it.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
I believe this is the only remote start available for the Kona at this time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts