Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Does anyone know if there are "pegs" on the back side of the Kona's rear "H" emblem that fit into the trunk lid? Want to debadge the emblem to won't if there are holes that the emblem pegs fit into. My Genesis had pegs on the back side of the rear emblem which prevented the debadging.

Thanks for any help.
There are no pins in the rear emblems.

·
Registered
MY20 Hyundai Kona Highlander
221 Posts
Leaving it debadged. Removed all the other rear stickers also.
This is really a cosmetic issue. Personally I agree current badging a bit too large & lacking subtlety, but not to the extent that I’d do anything about it.

And I recall advice from a dealer that the absence of badges will suggest to a new buyer that the vehicle has been in a crash (& repair shop could not locate correct badges when repairing). This would reduce resale value.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really wanted to find a black rear emblem but didn't want to take mine off.... but thanks to this forum I learned about Plasti-Dip. It's funny, I'm 48 and have a lot of experience with cars but did not know about it.Thanks! NoPlatePic-filtered.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to dig up a old post, was wondering if you could give some advice on how you plastic dipped the front end? Did you cover your the radiator? If so how’d you get access to behind the grill?
go to youtube and type in plasti dip emblems and search, it is actually much easier than I thought it would be.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts