Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if the rear Hyundai emblem on the Kona is glue on or is there a bolt attachment on the rear? Used a heat bun and dental floor on my Genesis but it had the latter so I had to remove the inner panel cover to complete the removal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A little bit of elbow grease and some Goo Gone and you should be good. Are you planning on replacing it with something else or just leaving it debadged?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Some people do use a hair dryer or heat gun but with very light heat to make the adhesive workable. If you go that route, please look up some videos prior to using it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If it were me, I'd use the binder strap used in shipping large or heavy packages.....it has an edge that will slice through it easily and then use some wax and grease remover to clean up the left over adhesive......pluse a little elbow grease......clean and nice. You're welcome.

why debadge it....I'd paint it black if anything......its a cool word.....KONA!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Appreciate all the good advice on rear badge debadging. Haven't made up my mind yet on whether I'll debadge or paint black (a great suggestion). Thanks again to all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I too would like to know why remove KONA. It's not obnoxious on my white limited. In fact the dealer tinted windows and put front decal w KONA on top front windshield for a local event they took it to, prior to my buying. Love it!

·
Super Moderator
1,150 Posts
I debadge my Kona and used a hair dryer and fishing line and Goo gone to remove the residue !
Left my kona out in the sun and gently rocked the KONA letters back and forth and they came off mostly clean.. then some goo gone..
KONA letters too W I D E and too much bling for my taste against a dark gray... The front hyundai emblem on the black grill needs to be
painted or coated black.. my next thing to do..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Very nicely done !! How did you coat the badges? I removed the KONA emblem, now I would like to black out the Hyundai emblem.. Thanks!
Plastidip. Did mine, very easy and love them blacked out. You don't remove the emblems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ummmm

Left my kona out in the sun and gently rocked the KONA letters back and forth and they came off mostly clean.. then some goo gone..
KONA letters too W I D E and too much bling for my taste against a dark gray... The front hyundai emblem on the black grill needs to be
painted or coated black.. my next thing to do..

cmon now bad papa.....not sure what age group you fall into, but debadging and altering badges are reserved for those that are 25 and under. Like fart cans....30 and under....skateboards 23 and under.....skinny or bejewelled jeans are a federal offense in all states or should be. Whats next? Ears tucked in your cap?
Age appropriate behavior is always cool.

Check your Kona owners manual for clarification of state by state bylaws for badge removal/alteration. I'm just teasing....to each their own. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
1,150 Posts
cmon now bad papa.....not sure what age group you fall into, but debadging and altering badges are reserved for those that are 25 and under. Like fart cans....30 and under....skateboards 23 and under.....skinny or bejewelled jeans are a federal offense in all states or should be. Whats next? Ears tucked in your cap?
Age appropriate behavior is always cool.

Check your Kona owners manual for clarification of state by state bylaws for badge removal/alteration. I'm just teasing....to each their own. :smile:
lol.. I pray I won't ever act my age, especially after reaching the 6th floor. After many years and cars... This is the first one I ever Debadged. Removed the KONA letters, too WIDE and too much bling against the dark silver for my taste. The front badge is LOUD against that black grill.. Hopefully hyundai wont void my warranty or mistake my kona for another model... :smile_big:
To each their own.... and I got the time for inappropriate age behavior.. :wink:

·
Registered
371 Posts
@Bad~Papa - road trip up to Oregon so that kid can see what old school is...these kids today and their plasti-dip, back in the day you wanted something colored you painted it and you either loved it or you painted it again there was no peeling it off...25 and under...that's just plain disrespectful. That said, above forty (well above) and I've dipped a few emblems. Kid doesn't even know what good hiphop is or the joy of funk.

@mar...we are coming for you. LOL

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
But it's not a Genesis.:grin:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone know if there are "pegs" on the back side of the Kona's rear "H" emblem that fit into the trunk lid? Want to debadge the emblem to won't if there are holes that the emblem pegs fit into. My Genesis had pegs on the back side of the rear emblem which prevented the debadging.

Thanks for any help.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts