Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
I keep running my VIN through the Hyundai recall page Hyundai recalls and up through today I'm in the clear. When the recall was first announced people were saying that one day they didn't see anything listed for them, then the next day they did. Somehow my VIN is showing as being clear of any recalls.

· Registered
135 Posts
I keep running my VIN through the Hyundai recall page Hyundai recalls and up through today I'm in the clear. When the recall was first announced people were saying that one day they didn't see anything listed for them, then the next day they did. Somehow my VIN is showing as being clear of any recalls.
I’m trying to check as well but it seems like all of Hyundai’s sites are down 🙄

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Talked to my local dealership this morning. For the recall, there is no fix yet, but if you get the error message about your transmission or transmission oil pump, bring your Kona N in immediately as they do offer one of two fixes.

1) Replace the oil pump for the DCT
2) Replace transmission if it’s damaged

· Registered
43 Posts
My question is.... When issuing a recall the manufacturer knows the VIN range of affected vehicles. The initial recall notice stated DCT's in VN, KN, and EN's. However, not every DCT N owner is seeing their car marked for recall after inputting their VIN into the Hyundai recall webpage. Is it affecting some DCT's and not others? Does it affect certain DCT N's previous to certain build dates?

· Registered
135 Posts
My question is.... When issuing a recall the manufacturer knows the VIN range of affected vehicles. The initial recall notice stated DCT's in VN, KN, and EN's. However, not every DCT N owner is seeing their car marked for recall after inputting their VIN into the Hyundai recall webpage. Is it affecting some DCT's and not others? Does it affect certain DCT N's previous to certain build dates?
Not sure, but I will say that mine isn’t currently marked

· Registered
135 Posts
Has anyone figured out if there are specifics as to which vehicles are affected and which aren’t? Articles make it seem like it’s all of them but if we’re getting different answers from their site that may not be the case.

· Registered
28 Posts
I don't have any additional info on affected vehicles, or the range, but can confirm my VIN was included and I've scheduled an appointment with my local dealer. Unable to get in until November though. Will report back with anything I find in the meantime.

· Registered
135 Posts
My vin ends in 002457 and I'm on the recall. My friends vin ends in 006647 and he is not.
Mine ends in 004479 and I am not. Which is weird, mine was made in Korea in April…based on what I’m reading it seems like it should be but it doesn’t pop up in Hyundai’s recall database or the NHTSA’s either…so I guess they mustn’t have used the same supplier for the part during my run, or it was made in a different factory than the ones that are getting recalled.

· Registered
2022 kona n
20 Posts
Saw this on the Veloster N forum:

I just saw some more documents from the NHTSA.

Root issue is bad soldering on the high pressure pump PCB. So I guess it's very possible there are only some bad pumps out there.
The other issue is the poor limp mode driving which looks like will be addressed in a software update.

· Banned
2,008 Posts
Saw this on the Veloster N forum:

I just saw some more documents from the NHTSA.

Root issue is bad soldering on the high pressure pump PCB. So I guess it's very possible there are only some bad pumps out there.
The other issue is the poor limp mode driving which looks like will be addressed in a software update.
That's what always got to me, was a manufacture self induced "limp mode" that was so extreme you have almost zero power to get out of the way of a semi or traffic. Like they want you to get killed.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts