Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought home a 2021 Kona Night yesterday. A great car, but a couple of mysteries. It is much noiser than I'm used to. Is that just because of the 1.6T? It also has a dual exaust. I assume that's standard equipment, but I'm not sure??

Registered
Brought home a 2021 Kona Night yesterday. A great car, but a couple of mysteries. It is much noiser than I'm used to. Is that just because of the 1.6T? It also has a dual exaust. I assume that's standard equipment, but I'm not sure??
Take some pictures of the rear end, and a couple of shots of the rear muffler set up from your cell phone on the concrete. You should have a small secondary CAT under your front seats and a resonator under your rear seats with a big muffler longitudinally under the rear hatch bed.

Registered
2018 Kona limited.
Hmm, then where did it come from? In a one year old leased car? Kind of strange. Hopefully, it's not a bad thing, but it is noisy.
Not strange at all. Nobody leases a car for 1 year. Probably ran into some unexpected financial troubles, possibly covid related, and either the car was repo'd, or turned in. It happens.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take some pictures of the rear end, and a couple of shots of the rear muffler set up from your cell phone on the concrete. You should have a small secondary CAT under your front seats and a resonator under your rear seats with a big muffler longitudinally under the rear hatch bed.
I will do that.
I will do that. I'm not a muffler expert and this is all new to me. Great forum!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not strange at all. Nobody leases a car for 1 year. Probably ran into some unexpected financial troubles, possibly covid related, and either the car was repo'd, or turned in. It happens.
It was a bit strange, as I got it from an Acura dealer for a really good price. Supposedly someone got out of their lease to upgrade to an Accura.

Registered
Hyundai Kona 1.6T Premium
Aftermarket or home made, I dare not say, at least not standard.
The muffler is gone that's why it sounds so loud.

Reactions: fixit

Registered
2018 Kona limited.
I think i know who's vehicle it is. IIRC the owner now has a Santa Cruz. Personally i wouldn't be upset in the better gas mileage, the muffler weighs about 40lbs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think i know who's vehicle it is. IIRC the owner now has a Santa Cruz. Personally i wouldn't be upset in the better gas mileage, the muffler weighs about 40lbs.
Does he still have the muffler?? Apparently it won't pass inspection here in PA, so I'm now leaning towards upset. I got the car from an Acura dealership and it may be going back :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts