Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news everyone! I found found 2 different sets of LED bulb that will fit a Hyundai Kona! They will replace those dim, crappy halogens they come with. 2018 & up with halogen capsules. See photo. These bulbs have the appropriate adapter built in. And they work!!! No lose fitting bulbs, no extra LED drivers to buy. Plug n Play!

I could not post the link to take you to the bulbs, because the ADMIN THINKS IT'S SPAM & I WAS DENIED POSTING THE LINK.
Screenshot_20191017-134102_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the other bulb that will work as well. Cheaper brand and a COB LED, not the CSP Chip LED like the other ones I first posted. I'll post a link and a pic. Please let me know if the link works.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found the other bulb that will work as well. Cheaper brand and a COB LED, not the CSP Chip LED like the other ones I first posted. I'll post a link and a pic. Please let me know if the link works.
Do you think that this bulb can be used for the turn assist as well?

I replaced the original h7 bulbs with LED, but they don't seem to light up the side as much as the halogen ones, so I am thinking of going back to the halogen h7 bulb.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Elpato, I do not know of they will or not. I know the sets of LED's I posted about, are nice and bright & clear.

Is there a way for you to post a pic of the housing for that CORNERING BULB area/housing or send it to me? I could take a look & let you know.

The bulbs I posted about are the LOW PROFILE/ Smaller ones. And fit my car perfect. I stuffed all the wiring back inside the bulb housing and was able to put the dust cover back on with no problems. LASFIT made these "Specifically" for the Kona and KIA & a couple other brands with that H7 LED bulb fitment problem. You can probably contact them and ask?

Hope this helps. ?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Do you think that this bulb can be used for the turn assist as well?

I replaced the original h7 bulbs with LED, but they don't seem to light up the side as much as the halogen ones, so I am thinking of going back to the halogen h7 bulb.
How many lumens do your H7's make?

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to the listing, 2800LM

These LED's aren't that good & will throw a error light on the dash of your Kona. I already tried these kind.

The ones I posted, I have and work great & no errors of any kind. They're specifically made for the Kona & KIA & come with rhe built in adapter rings set at the correct angle. So no need for adjustment.

But to answer your question on the lumens output. They are 3,800 to 4,000 lumens. Nice & clear, white & bright light.

·
Registered
26 Posts
These LED's aren't that good & will throw a error light on the dash of your Kona. I already tried these kind.

The ones I posted, I have and work great & no errors of any kind. They're specifically made for the Kona & KIA & come with rhe built in adapter rings set at the correct angle. So no need for adjustment.
KONA18SEL, the only problem I have with the lights that I installed is that they don't seem to be bright enough. They DO NOT seem to throw up any error codes, which probably means that like the reverse lights, they do not need to be CANBUS compliant.

$99 is too steep a price for the turn assist lights, especially since they only come on briefly at night when you turn the steering wheel more than 25%.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KONA18SEL, the only problem I have with the lights that I installed is that they don't seem to be bright enough. They DO NOT seem to throw up any error codes, which probably means that like the reverse lights, they do not need to be CANBUS compliant.

$99 is too steep a price for the turn assist lights, especially since they only come on briefly at night when you turn the steering wheel more than 25%.
Yea the ones you posted a pic of are weak. They say bright but most certainly are not. Just a gimmick to get people to buy them.

In my post there are cheaper ones for like under 30 bucks a pair. They are a COB LED, bright & clear, and have the same built in LED adapter for specifically the KIA & Kona. Available on, Aliexpress. They're the second set of LED's pictured in my original post.

Also see this post below of the LED's for REVERSE lights for the Kona, available on Amazon. Type in the description in the pic that I posted and they should pop up. They also have an Amber one for the front turn signals. I believe 25 bucks a set. But well worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yea the ones you posted a pic of are weak. They say bright but most certainly are not. Just a gimmick to get people to buy them.

In my post there are cheaper ones for like under 30 bucks a pair. They are a COB LED, bright & clear, and have the same built in LED adapter for specifically the KIA & Kona. Available on, Aliexpress. They're the second set of LED's pictured in my original post.

Also see this post below of the LED's for REVERSE lights for the Kona, available on Amazon. Type in the description in the pic that I posted and they should pop up. They also have an Amber one for the front turn signals. I believe 25 bucks a set. But well worth it.
My problem is that I have NEVER had a good experience with AliExpress and nobody else has tried those bulbs yet.

I already updated the other bulbs, Boodlied makes CANBUS, non-hyperflash compatible bulbs.

I also did a custom LED strip for my cargo area.

·
Registered
252 Posts
According to the listing, 2800LM

2800 is the total for 2 bulbs, 1400 per bulb.
Here are the ones we have. 1600 per bulb, not much better.

·
Registered
26 Posts

I took a chance on these and can confirm that these Chinese lights do in fact work and are bright enough to replace the halogen bulbs. My Kona has been completely converted to all LED, inside and out.

The Chinese lights took about 3 weeks to arrive. The H7 lights have a removable ring and a plastic key that allows you to install the removable ring into the socket and then install the LED’s.

Thank you for this less expensive option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took a chance on these and can confirm that these Chinese lights do in fact work and are bright enough to replace the halogen bulbs. My Kona has been completely converted to all LED, inside and out.

The Chinese lights took about 3 weeks to arrive. The H7 lights have a removable ring and a plastic key that allows you to install the removable ring into the socket and then install the LED’s.

Thank you for this less expensive option.
Thank @elpato, thanks so much. I'm about to ask for it.
Cause Lasfit doesn't have international ship.
I bought the H7 Philips LED Essential with the black ring adaptors and it was broken when I twisted in. poor adaptors.
Philips have the adaptor called LED H7 connector ring type b or c, but I able to buy it.
So I will take my chance. I wondering if you could post some clearly pics of the buld and adaptor.
Thank again,
Kisuf

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought the H7 Philips LED Essential with the black ring adaptors and it was broken when I twisted in. poor adaptors.
Philips have the adaptor called LED H7 connector ring type b or c, but I able to buy it.
So I will take my chance. I wondering if you could post some clearly pics of the buld and adaptor.
Thank again,
Kisuf
I already installed them and it is a pain in the butt to get everything stuffed into the compartment, otherwise I would be happy to take a few pictures. I will take the dust cover off and snap a few pics of it installed, not sure how much it will show up.

Basically you need to unscrew the bulb from the ring, insert the plastic key into the ring and install the ring into the socket. This is harder on the passenger side because of the windshield wiper reservoir, in fact everything is harder on the passenger side because of this. Once you install the ring, you need to insert the LED bulb and turn it slightly to lock it in place. After you get the bulb locked in, you can plug it into the socket and then you need to tuck all the excess wiring and the electrical socket into the space around the fixture and put the dust cap back on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank again,
Kisuf
I disassembled the driver's side to take some pictures for you.

Here is the key & adapter ring, installed adapter ring, the light and the installed light.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How did you
I disassembled the driver's side to take some pictures for you.

Here is the key & adapter ring, installed adapter ring, the light and the installed light.

View attachment 3579 View attachment 3580 View attachment 3581 View attachment 3582 View attachment 3585 View attachment 3583 View attachment 3584 View attachment 3586 View attachment 3588 View attachment 3589
How did you stuff the wiring & the OEM plug back inside the bulb housing for the HIGH BEAM side ?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts