Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel and spring fit perfectly with no issue at all.

At the beginning i was thinking may lose some range since air dynamic very important to the EV car. But im wrong. Maybe because of those wheels super light or other reasons. So happy with the result.

wheels spec
19x8.5 ET43
Tires spec
255/35/19

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Limited EV
7 Posts
Did you notice an improvement or big difference in how it drives? I’m also interested in lowering mine

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Braking is another big improvement with lowering springs. Kona's are a softly sprung car with adequate damping and larger swaybars. In a panic stop or road racing stop you have horrid brake bias without lowering springs. A nose dive and tail lift semi dangerous situation with the the OEM sprung car. It becomes a totally different car withlowering springs. The OEM struts/shocks are more then adequate in the dampening area with the lowering springs.

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
86 Posts
i read alot that anything bigger than 18 inch tires takes away from accelleration and makes the car slower in general. is this not the case? i mightve came across some bad info from my gti days

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
735 Posts
i read alot that anything bigger than 18 inch tires takes away from accelleration and makes the car slower in general. is this not the case? i mightve came across some bad info from my gti days

Still correct if comparing wheels of equal weight.So the larger the wheel, the more rotational mass, the slower the acceleration. However if the wheel/tire combo is lighter than the OE combo, even though the wheel may be bigger, the same acceleration is retained.

·
Registered
2019/20 Electric Highlander
101 Posts
I was thinking lowering it might increase the range, lower would be better for aerodynamics I would have thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking lowering it might increase the range, lower would be better for aerodynamics I would have thought.
Thats what im thinking before. Since the car lower than before and the wheels tires combo also lighter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would the springs help on a 1.6t awd? Or are we only talking ev handling characteristics?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Would the springs help on a 1.6t awd? Or are we only talking ev handling characteristics?
I have them on my 1.6T AWD and they are a must have. It changes the car handling and braking characteristics, making the Kona a safer car, without being too stiff. The new N-Line should be set up this way, but from all my research it has the same suspension as the Limited/Ultimate. You will need camber bolt if you add these springs. I will post the # later tonight. Amazon says they don't fit the Kona but they do, as the manufacturer listed part# is the one I posted. 90% of the private label sellers which include Eibach, use this suppliers part and charge up to twice the amount. Your rear suspension is fully adjustable so there is no need for aftermarket adjusters for the rear.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts