Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More and more automotive publications are starting to get hands on time with the new Kona EV and are coming away extremely impressed with what Hyundai has delivered at this price point. We may finally be seeing the tide turn with newer electrics that are not only comparable in terms of price to that of ICE's but also able to go just as far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm hoping. Also I'm hoping that Hyundai will make more of these hot little fellows! We saw an ICE Kona out in the wild one day, and when we learned there was an electric version, we started panting! After the Aliso Wells methane leak, I was left unable to tolerate gasoline, oil, and exhaust smells. But an electric vehicle doesn't have any of that! With the range on this car, I can go the few places I need to go in comfort and health.
Hubby went with a plug in hybrid Ioniq as he drives more that 25K miles per year and needs range, but wants economy and comfort. The Ioniq is more than comparable to the Prius he had before, and the newer one we looked at when his Prius finally died.
Kona is far more comfortable than the Bolt, IMO, and the options at any level are primo. It definitely rivals the Tesla for a few dollars less. Plus it isn't quite "vaporware" like the Tesla that is on backorder!

·
Registered
10 Posts
More and more automotive publications are starting to get hands on time with the new Kona EV and are coming away extremely impressed with what Hyundai has delivered at this price point. We may finally be seeing the tide turn with newer electrics that are not only comparable in terms of price to that of ICE's but also able to go just as far.
Gotta love Bobby and Jon. I was a fan of RL's from Red Dwarf and Scrapheap Challenge days, and he's only improved with age . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts