Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking seriously at upgrading our Ioniq to a Kona. I’m based in New Zealand.

Biggest problem is what colour.

Ceramic Blue, Chalk White, Galactic Gray, Pulse Red, Phantom Black or Lake Silver.

None of these really appeal. Where are the “nice” colours like the petrol Konas come in? These seem so bland and insipid.

Tell me what colour you chose and why, bonus if you can comment on how easy/difficult it is to keep clean.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have Thunder Grey (US), also called Dark Knight outside the US. It was the only color available in the state when i bought mine. Very hard to keep clean.

·
Registered
145 Posts
We have the Pulse Red and really love the colour. Be sure to check it out live, can't tell from a pic or the internet. And yes, find it very easy to keep clean (after polish once a year). Does not show dirt like white or black cars.

Reactions: Izakiwi2

·
Registered
30 Posts

Ceramic Blue, Chalk White, Galactic Gray, Pulse Red, Phantom Black or Lake Silver.

None of these really appeal. Where are the “nice” colours like the petrol Konas come in? These seem so bland and insipid.

Tell me what colour you chose and why, bonus if you can comment on how easy/difficult it is to keep clean.
Hi, I chose chalk white. White paint lasts better than any other colour, reflects heat better than any other colour. Important under the tough Aust sun. I understand its a bit boring but the car looks good in white IMO.

·
Registered
Kona Electric, EU base with HP
41 Posts
I have the white and it's easy to keep clean. If I had a choice I would have bought the Ceramic Blue with the white roof like this low-km Elite in Masterton.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree about the colors. Four out of six are shades of white, gray and black. I prefer light colors, so chose silver, white and light blue for my previous three cars. The only light color on the Kona EV is white, and it has no life. (I was spoiled by the iridescent white on the Niro.) The blue is not light, and the "silver" is really a darkish gray - no shine to it. (Edit: Your Lake Silver might be lighter than our Sonic Silver.)

I picked the blue as the best of a bad lot, and am now quite happy with it. It's distinctive, a statement against the "fifty shades of gray" that seem to dominate car manufacturers' imaginations, and is usually the color that appears in ads and reviews.

It does show dirt a bit more than the white would, and I recommend getting the mud flaps. I bought them aftermarket and they were easy to install, though it did need my 90 degree philips screwdriver.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Mine is ceramic blue without the white roof...It's the2020 Ultimate model. The color looks much better in person than in pictures. Doesn't show much dirt or water spots. I've had several compliments on the color. I'm in California, U.S. and it seemed almost every Kona Electric shipped to California had black interior, regardless of body color. We wanted the light gray interior. The dealer did a search and found the only one available with gray at a dealership 200 miles away. They sent their driver to pick it up for us. Everyone is happy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
i got the sonic silver. i looked at the dealer's inventory online first and it looked lighter than in person. silver hides dirt pretty well but this dark silver i`m not sure if it will. i`ve only had it for 3 weeks so time will tell. my last car was dark blue metallic and that really showed the dirt a lot.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Haha, just goes to show how different everyone's tastes are when it comes to colour...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts