Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that 10-20 litres of the rear luggage space is taken up with charging cables and adaptors when travelling. With a compact electric engine, no gearbox other than differential gearing up front surely there is space under the engine hood for a cable and adapter storage vessel or small 'frunk'. Cables and adapters would be easily accessible under the engine hood near the front charging point rather than buried under luggage at the rear of the vehicle when travelling. Otherwise the Kona EV looks impressive on paper.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The cables and adapters aren't that big, so they should fit nicely into the compartment under the cargo floor, but you're right they won't be accessible. The only other place I can think of it the indent in the cargo side walls. If you add a net of some kind maybe the cables can be stored there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I ordered a charger with cable, which takes care of 99% of my charging needs. Then again I live in the Netherlands, so most likely my daily travels arent as far as yours ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts